Post any comments, remarks, ideas, observations, experiences, concerns or questions here.
Post a reply

INTERSTIM NEUROSTIMULATOR

Fri May 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Hi everyone
40 year old male here, have suffered all my life with over active bladder but only had the courage to get help 4 years ago. medication did not work for me and i have had all the tests done but they found no problem so i was diagnosed with OAB. At the moment i am doing bladder training and pelvic muscle exercises , some days i have good control and other days the first urge can be so strong i leak a large amount of urine which is very depressing as i am young, strong and otherwise in good health although i do suffer with anxiety/depression.

I have the option of getting one of these sacral nerve neurostimulator fitted but i am worried about possible problems as i swim 3 or 4 times a week and do some weight lifting for fitness, i believe the wires in your back can come loose and you have to go to hospital again to have them refitted.

even though I am desperate for a solution i think i am very young to have a electronic device in my back so i was wondering if any one else has had one of these devices and was the outcome good or bad.

I would appreciate some advice , Thanks

Re: INTERSTIM NEUROSTIMULATOR

Sat May 19, 2012 8:45 am

about 7 years ago i saw a pbs show about implants of of electric stimulators it was for a woman that could not have a orgasm an it works so if it helped her then maybe it would work or other problems like incontinence i really don't think it would short cruit in the pool
show me someone that has never pee in a pool and i show you a lier

Sat May 19, 2012 8:48 pm

You have to be careful with the interstim. I have OAB and urge incon as well and it has been recommendeed to me by my Uro doc. I did my research and talked to several people that have/had it and they all said that the leads go into the sacral nerve in your tailbone. These leads can slip causing you to need repeat surgeries to replace the leads. Thats a no go in my book. The people I talked to have had multiple surgeries. Also I have a neuropathy. MRI's are necessary for people with my condition. With an interstim, you cannot have an MRI done. It is a no go. So my advice is to think long and hard on whether or not you want it. I made the decision not to do it after doing my research. It just wasnt feasible.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:52 pm

As i understand it, Interstim works with mixed results, and works well for a select few. It definitely is NOT for everyone.. i was given that option myself at one point, back when i was still having incon problems.. but then a uro said that it wouldnt be for me.. of course im glad they didnt do it, because it turned out i had overflow incon NOT oab.. As far as the interstim.. its more or less like other treatments.. it may REDUCE the incontiennce incidences, but not eliminate them altogether, diapers may still be necessary in some cases. But, for those who are wetting 24/7 with no end in sight and weraing the ultra heavy duty diapers and struggle with constant rash, it could provide some relief. Id explore it with a grain of salt.

Rob

Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:04 am

Well yeah i guess that does matter a lot,Basically that takes the fitness to the next level and its is necessary mate.Liking what you have highlighted.

intouchemr
Post a reply