www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cloth pull up briefs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:26 am 

I am a 64 yr. old male with urge incontinence due to bladder retention, etc. I am looking for a pull up cloth brief that I can wear under normal clothing. There are times I have a serious accident and other times not as bad depending on how close to a rest room I am. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:27 am 
Admin

Dennis,

Welcome to the forum. There are several members here who are "experts" at the use of cloth briefs. They should be along shortly. I believe one of them is Paul Martin. But there are several others. Good luck and again, welcome.

Post subject: cloth briefs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:00 am 

KINS has some good AIO cloth pull-ons that aren't too thick.

http://www.babykins.com/adult-all-in-one-diapers.html

-Darin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:48 pm 
Admin

Hello Dennis, I will chime in here on this topic, but I think Paul has far more experience in using cloth during the daytime then I do. I have used cloth at night for the last year, only have two different versions right now, the Kins pull on without the outer waterproof cover, and the Gabby's with ( http://www.gabbys.net/index.php?main_pa ... ucts_id=11 ). I just ordered the Kins all in one yesterday, will report on it when I get them, but the others that have used them say they are really nice, and not too thick like the night ones I use. They are too much to wear under clothing and not be noticeable for sure. I am sure if I use them for daytime and they are not too thick, I will need to add a liner/stuffer to them to cover the amount I put out in a flood.

http://www.angelfluff.com/nfsolutions.htm Never tried this one, looks decent, but not sure how thick they are, or their absorbancy abilities.

http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PRODUCT ... -Diapers_2 Looks very similar o the Gabby's version, but a bit cheaper in price.

Anyone else have other links, please post them up. This is all I have bookmarked, and a search on Google didn't turn up much more that was not linked to AB sites. Stay in touch and let us know how it works out for you Dennis, and welcome to the forum! :) Puffy

Post subject: cloth pull ups
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:10 pm 

try bkins a canadian company
they will make any size you need
they are not over priced like some us companies
been using them sense garys pants double in price
call them and they will help ya
you want terry lnside

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:47 am 

In my opinion, Kins makes the best All-In-one (AIO) on the market not to mention their price is "reasonable". I was able to use the AIO at night for a long time had good results with this diaper pant compared to AIO on the market. I would recommend buying one and see for yourself before buying several.

The only reason why I had to give up the use of the Kins AIO was because I slowly became bowel incon too. The AIO and bowel incon don't make a good match. AIO's are good for anyone that is bladder incon. However, It does have a lot of bulk and I found the best use for night. I don't think you will find a better product than what Kins has to offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:07 pm 
Admin

I have tried some AIO diapers; I think they were from Adult CLoth Diaper. Either way, the name of the diaper was the leakmaster. They were the master of leaks alright. They said because of the leak proof outer cover that you didn't need plastic pants. Well, after a couple nights of them leaking in my bed, I wore the plastic pants. I quit wearing them because they leaked too much out of the top of the diaper around the waist. I went with the Abena Xplus. It has worked out pretty well so far. So needless to say, I do not recommend the Leakmaster AIO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:39 pm 
Admin

I looked at those as well, but they look they would fit about as well as the Priva AIO they I tried, not the best for fit or containment. I will stick with the Kins or Gabby's versions too, thanks... Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:23 pm 

Dennis,

I've tried a few types of pull-up briefs. I do not like the all in ones with the waterproof barrier on the outside. These just don't hold up to multiple washings. The barrier would always seem to crack or separate way too soon. I still use pull up briefs on occasion but I use the type that requires a separate pair of waterproof outer pants. These dry much faster than the all in ones. My biggest problem with pull up briefs is that you need to undress to put them on and to take them off and when you take off a wet pair you get your legs and feet wet as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:15 pm 

Dennis,
I found one pull up from ACD that has a two panel center that allows you to add an insert for added protection. This allows for faster drying time. I would stay away from the all in one type since as DDS advised, they do not last that long since the plastic outer liner will break down with repeated washes. Pull ups are great when you're home, but as you are away, you have to drop your pants and shoes to change out of a wet diaper. ........Paul Martin