www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OT- Checking in!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:02 am 

Hey there, this is the Soc Geek, as some have called me.. I am still doing well, still dry, and things could not be better. Im starting my second school year as a substitute teacher, and i just finished my second consecutive summer working at a special needs camp. There were plenty of instances where my firsthand experience and knowledge of incontinence came in handy, though i wont go into detail for reasons of confidentiality. I have definitely found my niche in the helping professions. I was recently inspired to seriously consider occupational therapy as a career. So the game plan is once i get my undergrad degree paid off, i go for either an Associate's Occupational Therapy Assistant, and work my way up to a Master's degree in occupational therapy, or i apply for a Master's program as soon as i finish the prerequisites. I haven't figured out what to do yet exactly, but i have a long time.
Also, im an uncle twice over! i have a 4 or 5 (cant remember which) month old niece, and a 2 week old nephew.. and really excited to watch them grow up!

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:39 am 

Rob,

Long time no hear. Glad to hear all is well. Not much new here same topics different people. There's a person by the name of Don that has taken you place making several posts and keep the conversations going like you use to do.

I would recommend that you go for the Master's program. If you have the time to teach and go to school for your Master's I would suggest you take advantage of the extra time you currently have available. I'm sure Don will make a post and agree with me since he is working on his teahing degree and wants to go forward to earn his Master's. Anyway, good to hear from you again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:35 pm 
Admin

Hey Sociologygeek,
I think we've chatted before. Like Johnstone said I am currently working on my History degree with a minor in Education. I'm not really intending to teach but that may be what I end up doing. When I finish my Bachelors, I'm going to move straight in toward my Masters. I too recommend you doing this if you have the free time. Unlike you, I despise sociology. I took it for my Assciates degree and did not understand half of what I was learning. I did real well in Psychology though. I get it, I just don't like it. So kudo's to you. Helping people is a noble calling. And I can appreciate what you do. And don't stay away so long. Just because you don't experience incontinence anymore doesn't mean you can't relate to what people say and give advice. You were here once too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:03 pm 

I dont plan on going anywhere..i havent posted because i havent been checking these boards as much..but maybe i should..i mean, this group is sorta like an online family..

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:14 pm 
Admin

Amen to that. I post alot but I do get alot of support and advice from this board. I may get on some peoples nerves because I post so much. But all my topics are legit and I like the support I get from this forum. I have learned so much.