www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best Concealer Sources
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:42 am 
Admin

I'm looking for opinions on the best sources for a concealer. I currently own a few Abena concealers with the athletic style top but they are getting kind of old and Abena does not make them anymore. I also have a Gabby's concealer. Which in my opinion is a complete waste. The abena's support the diaper and keep the diaper from showing. While the Gabby's just keeps the diaper from showing and does nothing for support. It was my size but it was cut way too long. My wife had to take it in and cut some of the excess material away. Then one of the snaps broke off. I was so disappointed. I like the Abena's though. So I was looking for a replacement. I was thinking about Kins. I can get their concealers for around $30 and they come in blue, black, and white. Let me know if anybody has any ideas.

Post subject: Concealors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:47 pm 
Admin

Hey Don, I got 3 from here, so far they are the best at staying snug and giving good support... http://easyaccessclothing.com/ They are all hand sewn by these guys, not shipped offshore for making, I like that aspect, and WELL made... I am 5'10 @ 150 lbs, and the small with a hot wash to shrink it, and it is really snug, they way it should fit to work the best... there are several other sites, but more $$$ or not well made at all, The one I got from Gabby's had the threads along the cuffs coming loose after one wash, and the small was too big by a mile for me and had to be taken in about 2 inches... Angelfluff has them but are way up there in price, over $50 a piece... several ABDL sites have them, not listed as a concealor but a onesie, same thing anyhow, but I stay away from buying anything from those sites... The shirts do help with the incon problem, but not something everyone is comfortable wearing, for me it is just another tool in my weapons to attack a rather frustrating problem to begin with... Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:04 pm 
Admin

Hey Puff! Good to hear from you. I browsed easy access clothing's website and found their bodysuits. They are reasonably priced and they have alot of good reviews. They do come in a few colors and they are not babyish looking, which is what I want. I don't need a "onesie" in baby blue. I was looking at a white concealer. My question to you is: I know they keep the diaper concealed from view when bending over, but do they support the diaper and keep it close to the body?" I hate sagging diapers. I don't need the dreaded "diaper butt" look from behind, ya know? I want to look like I have a normal behind. I am a very on the go person who is looking or an item with good function. Thanks for your reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:40 pm 
Admin

Hey Don, I got mine and immediately put them into the washer on a HOT cycle to make them shrink as much as possible, and they were a small to begin with. 2 of the three are very snug, the 3rd is manageable but not as supportive, still does the job the rare time I use one. I don't tend to be out for the entire day when wearing, but they do support very well when your britches are wet! :oops: I have also used them at night over cloth and coverpant, and they are just as comfortable as a pair of compression shorts. When I bought mine, they were $24.95, gone up $5 but still the best craftsmanship and quality for a concealor I have used... Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:37 am 
Admin

Puff,
I'm trying to get the Dept. Of Vets Affairs to buy these items for me. I want 2 or 3 concealers and a few pair of plastic pants. But I have to direct the VA to the website where they can make the purchase. I don't want them going to a babyish website with colorful bunnies and blocks all over it. That would not look good. And that is what I am finding. I like the concealers and plastic pants by kins but there is some baby style prints laid out as a background behind their concealers. Thats what concerns me. I don't need the VA seeing that and getting the wrong idea. I just want some adult sized items that I can use. Thats what I like about the site you recommend. Its designed for disabled people, not AB's. I think I may just suck it up, and buy the plastic pants myself and have the VA make the purchase for concealers from www.easyaccessclothing.com. I have to give them a call and find out what size I wear. Thanks for your help.

Post subject: Concealors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:53 pm 
Admin

No problem at all, it is a must to get the right size, too big and not good for support, and too small and it gets uncomfortable, I got lucky with the small, it fits just about right on... Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:02 pm 
Admin

Puff,
I spoke with the company. I talked to a lady named Sandy. She told me that based on my trunk size that I could wear a small. however, I am 200lbs. I remembered that you said you wear a small, and you are 150lbs. I don't think the small would fit me. So I'm going to purchase one concealer in a medium and see how it fits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:22 pm 

Oh Great I weigh 175 so am in between you two Small or Med???? Oh well. Maybe the small. Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:39 pm 
Admin

Papa,
Look at their website and measure your trunk size. I think its from your shoulder to your crotch. Mine is like 32" which is a medium I think. Sandy from easy access clothing said I might be able to wear a small but like I said, I'm 200lbs and muscular with broad shoulders. I could stand to lose 15 lbs or so. Bottom line is I want my concealer to have a good fit. I want it to be tight enough but not too tight.

I called the Dept. of VA and they are actually going to purchase them for me. Because I am rated for incontinence issues, they have no problem buying them. I know that when I talked to Schoppy, he said it was his pharmacy that bought his clothing. However, with my VA, its the Head of Prosthetics. I sent her an email the other day after talking with her on the phone and described to her exactly what I wanted and why I wanted them. She said no problem. All they have left to do is get me a prescription for "adult incontinence garments" from my doctor. Shouldn't be too hard. My doc already writes me scripts for Abena products, why not concealers. I want them to buy me plastic pants too but for now, I'll just buy my own and be thankful for what I have. The VA is really treating me good. Now if I could just get them to adjudicate my claim in my favor that would be nice. Once I figured out the system, they have really helped me alot. I can't tell you how much money I save with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:36 pm 
Admin

Yes, it is definitely all about the trunk measurement, I am a 31 or so, and the small does it for me. If you have soneone who can sew or alter for you, I would go the size larger if need be, easier to take it in, then try to add to it, which is a major operation! I don't wear mine every day, more like once every couple of weeks, but it does add to the confidence level with snugging things up "down there"! :wink: Tried Gabby's, Kins, and Easy Access, the latter is by FAR the best fit and workmanship, Puffy