www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thankful for this site!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:11 pm 
Admin

I just wanted to thank Schoppy and the other moderators for providing this quality site. I come to this site for support everyday. I am glad this site is clean with very minimal AB/DL trash.

I was browsing the web for other forums this evening and came across another supposed incontinence forum to get support from. There was this guy there who posted a topic on how mean people were. He got this reaction because he wore a swim diaper to a public pool in order to attract attention to himself without some sort of cover over it. And he thought the people that stared at him were mean. His photograph on the site showed him with a baby pacifier in his mouth. This is rediculous.

Reading this, I just chalked it up to stupidity. It makes me greatful that we have this site free from all that trash. So thanks again to Schoppy and the other mods for providing this quality site free from all the garbage thats out there. In the future, I think I'll stay right here where its fairly safe. LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:19 am 

Way, way back....as in the pre-historic age before the internet, there was no support for incontinent folks. I struggled, alone, and feeling totally alone as there were no resources where I could touch base with others suffering the indiginity of no bladder control.

About the time the internet got going, forums sprang up and it seemed as quickly as a legitimate support forum showed up it was taken over by the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover crowd. Sometimes the attack would be masked as they pretended to be incon but all too soon you knew the site was lost for legitimate use and support. I think I can recall some 6 or 7 sites that I would visit regularly before seeing one after the other fall to the ravages of the AB/DL crowd.

It requires dedication and moderation to keep a site like this one legitimate. I also follow a Yahoo Health site for Adult Incon and there the owner allows AB/DLs but they cannot discuss their fetish and life style, only contribute to what is a good diaper and dealing with leaks.

The posts there are moderated before they go up. So there is a delay of a day which can put som folks off. Here, your post goes up immediately and is subject to moderation if it is not appropriate. Schoppy does a good job screening applicants before giving them membership and posting priveledges but as you know, it is impossible to exclude a dedicated scammer that writes a good intro to get admission to the Forum and wreak his havoic before getting ousted.

Let me add that I believe in live and let live, I am not judging the AB/DLs and they can live their life as they wish. I believe they have made significant contributions to the quality and variety of diapering we have available these days because of their large numbers, being vocal in pushing for better diapers and backing it up with buying power.

Don, I think your experience on that other site is typical....a supposed incon person feeling humiliated at a public pool for wearing a swim diaper with nothing over it.......come on! Kids can get away with that but certainly not adults! And then, the picture of the guy with a pacifier....so we are led along the path thinking this is a legit incon and end up with an AB. Absolutely typical of all that went on with all the early incon sites.

So, again, thank you Don for the kind words; it's nice to know our work is not going un-noticed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:48 am 

I second Don's thoughts. This is a great forum because it is well run. I am admin on a small health forum and have quite a bit of time wasted dealing with spammers, advertisers and the like so I know the work needed.

Greatful thanks should go to those who run this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:01 am 

As I've said before, what sets this forum apart is the fact that people here have had incontinence IMPOSED upon us; we did not choose to have this condition for whatever motivating factor.

Take away the choice in the matter, the fantasy and/or sexual agendas we see in some, and it boils down to a clinical or medical condition that we have to deal with long-term. Just as we did not choose this condition, we cannot "opt-out", either.

J.

Post subject: Moderators
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:11 am 

I too will chime in and say thanks to the mods for keeping this site free from the riff-raff that you often find on other inco support sites.

-Darin