www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:28 pm 

I agree that heavier pants last longer. I don't recall using any 7mm pants, but I have 6mm pants from KINS that are well made. Gary pants are OK, but the pants that KINS sells seem to fit me better.

I read the comments from others about the discomfort of heat in many different type of vinyl pants. I live in Tucson, Arizona, and for unknow reasons to me, I really don't feel uncomfortable wearing vinyl pants regardless of the weather (heat). Maybe it's me, I just don't feel any discomfrot wearing a 6mm vinyl pant. However, I don't spend my day outside in the sun. Maybe if I was exposed to the heat of the sun all day I would have a different opinion.

When it comes to vinyl pants, I want something that has durability, and fit. I don't like ANY pant that has a lot of excess material. If anything,......I like the pant to be a little tight so it will compress the diaper. There are a few things that I hate;.......leaks, and bulk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:08 pm 

Dunno why I haven't responded here before.

All the plastic pants I have are currently from Fetware. I have several pairs of their Cloud XT pull-on pants, which are 7mil thickness. I also have 1 pair of the No-Wick Cloud pants, which have fully enclosed elastic that does not absorb moisture.

The XT pants are very rugged and have a firm secure fit. I usually get about 2 years of use out of a pair before the elastic starts to separate from the plastic, at which point I toss them.

I just recently acquired the No-Wick pants. Figured I'd give them a try as my only gripe with the XT pants is that the elastic becomes damp after a while.

The No-Wick pants are considerably lighter than the XTs and have a looser fit. I thought this might cause leakage problems around the legs, but I've worn them a few times now and they haven't given me any problems, even when the diaper is soaked to capacity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:03 pm 

Johnstone, I can relate to the heat not bothering me. I tolerate cool weather better than hot weather but the only times wearing plastic pants bothers me is when it gets really hot and I am outdoors for multiple hours. During the hot weather months or when I know I have a physical day ahead of me I will opt to wear snap-on plastic pants as they allow for air to circulate. I'm not particularily fond of snap-on pants as they aren't as comfotable to wear as pull-on pants and they do not contain urine odors like pull-on pants do. If it is hot I do feel a heat build up however once my diaper begins to get wet (which doesn't take real long) the discomfort seems to go away. I have been using Gary 4mm pants for several years now. I've got a couple pair of their 7mm pants but do not care for the enclosed elastics.

Post subject: 7mm Gary Pants
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:18 pm 

Changing Times Diaper Company offers the 7mm plastic pants with or without the enclosed elastics. I prefer pants that don't have the enclosed elastic, and since I wear my plastic pants over a disposable, significant leakage is generally not a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:56 pm 

I just ordered a pair of the snap side pants from KINS for a little extra leak protection and noise concealment. I guess I can report on them after I get them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:44 pm 
Admin

Doug,
I also bought a pair of Kins plastic pants. I finally got around to getting a pair. It only took me a couple months to decide LOL. Mostly because of a shortage of funds, know what I mean? But I did buy the Kins lowrider plastic pants....40300V I think from their website. I even got them blue in color. I like a little variety and I thought blue would be nice. I don't like to feel like I belong in an institution.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:11 am 

Plastic pants are hot in the summer heat! Even for those of us who are "used to it" can have tough days when no amount of talcum powder between the legs is enough!

I've always said the nylon (and other fabrics) pants treated to be water resistant.....not absolutely waterproof like vinyl plastic....are great for summer wear. The breathing does allow some wetness to get thru the pants but not enough to get your outer pants or shorts wet. The clammy feel may be objectionable in cool weather but usually is welcome in the heat...that bit of evaporative cooling between the legs helps!

Now enter PUL as the new pants on the block. Now I think we have a winner for any time of the year but summer heat is the hot topic now..... pun intended....<grin> and I am amazed at how comfortable PUL pants are to wear over cloth diapers in the sweltering summer heat!

Two sources now have PUL pants. Gary offers them with the traditional Gary elastics....and I have always found Gary waist elastics on the snug side for me .... but if you like Gary sizing and the snugness of the waist and leg elastics, go for PUL pants on the Gary site.

I prefer the PUL pants from Adult Cloth Diaper as the elastics are much gentler and they are wrapped with the PUL fabric. My only complaint on ADC offerings is the standard cut pant is skimpy for me. Probably perfect for those wearing pants over a disposable and want a trimmer cut.

I'm glad I got the high waist as well as the regular cut as I love the high waist and wear them all the time. The regular cut just won't cover my cloth diapers adequately.

The soft feel of the PUL material is that of a cloth / cotton pant. I wondered when I first got them and felt them if they were actually waterproof! And how much weepage thru the fabric would occur? Well, I have to say none! They seem to be the best of both worlds...just as waterproof as vinyl plastic AND comfortable to wear in the heat as they don't promote sweating between your legs!

I hope others try them and contribute their impressions of PUL pants!

Post subject: PUL pants
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:09 pm 
Admin

I recently got an order from angelfluff.com and all I can say about PUL pants is

:shock: :shock: :shock: WOW :shock: :shock: :shock:

Compared to the normal plastic pants that I have been getting, these are light night and day.

I wish that I had them a long time ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:03 pm 

DearSchoppy:
My log in is working again! Thanks for your help. I thought I would check this before I went home for weekend. Will have to give this pul a try. I also do better with the high back from ADC so will put my two cents in when I get them.
Thanks much
TomT

Post subject: pants
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:24 am 

gary pants kins sold by many companies are good
the best an most comfortable are home and dry in uk
they will custom make the for about 7 pounds
sloft plush leg an waist bands
give them leg an waist an crouch size
only draw back is postage is not cheep
they last a long time an wont chaff

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next