www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:18 pm 
Admin

OK then Don, I do believe I tried something close to those a while back, they were a regular cut, and soft plastic, but got stiff in the crotch from the skin protection I used, and they didn't last that long for me, hand washing would have helped their lifespan. Never wore them in warmer temps, so not sure how they would have been. For the price, you gotta try them for sure if you are on the hunt, Puffy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:34 am 

I have just discovered a "low rider" in non-plastic. Gary Mfg is now offering PUL pants and I ordered both the standard cut and the extra rise cut. I was happy with the extra rise; it is more than adequate to cover a night (cloth) diaper fully.

I was disappointed that the standard cut is too brief for covering a day (cloth) diaper but it is fine for covering a disposable diaper.

I find the PUL (poly urethane laminate) very comfortable. The cloth outer is smooth and most likely nylon or rayon. The inner suface has been treated with urethane to waterproof the fabric.

I also have the Kins Low Rider vinyl pants (for wear over disposables) and I think these Gary PUL pants are very similar in the cut to the low riders.

Order your size in the Polyurethane Laminate Pant, Pull On, Regular Pant Cut, and add Comfort Style for $2 which is covered elastics at waist and legs. Yes, they are costly.....mine are size Large and cost $21.99 each.

www.Plastic-Pants.com

I'll bet you'll like the fit and feel of the Gary PUL pants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:27 pm 
Admin

JoeK,
I am a little confused on what a Gary pant is. I am kind of leary on spending $22 on plastic pants where I am unsure of the fit. I don't want to buy something I can't wear. Can you enlighten me as to what a Gary type pant is?

Also, I'm looking for a blue pair of plastic pants. I want to add a little color to my style. LOL. It looks like the pants on your web site you referenced only come in white. I don't want institution plastic pants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:17 am 

You don't want "institution" looking pants. If they fit - great! And as for them "looking" a certain way - Who's gonna see them?

-

Michael

Post subject: Gary Pants
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:51 am 

Hi Don,

I apologize for assuming "everyone" knows about Gary. Assumptions can always cause problems!.....<grin>

Gary Mfg is a large manufacturer of waterproof pants and makes the vast majority of plastic pants that you buy from various suppliers...such as Adult Cloth Diaper's Leakmaster. Many other sites offering plastic pants use Gary as their supplier. Until fairly recently Gary remained a wholesaler only and you never saw their name on their pants....but that has changed. www.plastic-pants.com has always been a Gary outlet offering the whole range of pants....which is pretty extensive.

The PUL pant should be just what you want; it certainly is cut in a "low rise" pattern, when you order the regular cut in the "comfort style" which means the leg and waist elastics are wrapped / encased with the PUL fabric. I find it very cool and comfortable and doesn't cause my inner thighs to sweat where they contact the diaper and waterproof pants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:49 am 
Admin

Sounds good Joe. Thanks for clearing that up. I may have to try those pants.

As for who is going to see? Just me, my wife, and my doctors.

Post subject: I have found ...
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:29 am 

that the Urethane pants from http://www.fetware.com/ work great for me. I really like the high back ones and wear them daily. A small for daytime and a medium at night. I wear disposable day and night. would like to wear cloth but have an 11 year and 19 tear old grandsons living with us full time and finding a time to wash would be a problem although they know I wear diapers.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:44 am 

Hi everybody,

I really like the ones I got from adultclothdiapers.com. They're really comfortable and have definitely helped with some leaks. I wear them over disposables with cotton briefs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:39 pm 

Seattle, It is all a learning curve. And we keep learning. Papa

Post subject: Best Plastic Pants
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:20 pm 

I've been a Gary's fan for years, and have just discovered the 7mm pants available from Changing Times Diaper Company (CTDC). The 7mm plastic pants are more durable and come with the wider elastics than the 4mm I also use. The wider elastic is much more comfortable The 7mm pants are great, although they may be a bit warm in a warmer climate than we have where I live. I can't tell if the thicker pants add to the bulk under my clothes to the point that it's noticeable or not. My wife says she can't tell, and I tend to agree. I'll probably continue to wear the 4mm pants on warm days, and wear the 7mm on temperate days and at night. The only limitation at CTDC is that the pull-on 7mm pants are only available in white, blue and pink. Blue and white or okay for me, but I won't wear pink. It's a great product at a great price.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next