www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best Plastic Pants
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:22 pm 
Admin

Hi all. I am looking for some good plastic pants. I have a couple different pair already. I own 2 examples of Suprema's and 2 pair of vinyl pants from xpmedical. But they don't fit well and are hot. Are they all this way? The suprema's are too big. They engulf me. I don't want anymore of those because of how they fit. The plain white ones from xpmedical fit pretty well but I want some with color. I don't want anything that looks like I belong in an institution. I'm thinking about a blue pair from Kins. They have a pair that says they are supposed to be cool. Can anyone confirm this? I think they were vinyl. I'm just looking for something with a little color, that doesn't engulf me, and doesn't make me sweat in the Florida summer.

P.S. I wear a 36 waist pant...I'm not really a 36 but that is what size I wear because of the diapers. I'm wondering what size I should get??? I'm thinking I'll try a medium...hope its not too small.

This is what I'm thinking about...

http://www.babykins.com/adult-waterproof-covers.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:46 am 

Don,
I own several different types of plastic pants from Suprima and believe they work well for me. Suprima has a different sizing system than what we are use to since they are from Europe. They have a style #1206 that fits great for me. I'm a size 34 waist and the size for Suprima in their code system is 46.

If you want a cooler pant other than plastic, the Kins has a polyester type that I have used and it's great for warm weather climates. It does breath as they claim. They also carry vinyl but it's plastic. Go with the polyester type, Don.I usually order a size large. A medium might be a little tight on my legs.
.............Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:01 pm 
Admin

Paul,
I was hoping you would see this. I heard you know alot about plastic pants. Thanks for the heads up. I want them to fit kinda low. I don't want one that comes up over my belly button. I HATE that! Does kins make a low rise plastic pant? I heard they do but cannot find it on their website. I want a pant that sticks up a little higher than the diaper and will also support the diaper, like an concealer. I wear alot of Xplus diapers so support is something I need. I don't want the diaper to sag. So if I can get away wite a plastic pant that supports the diaper and protects against leaks without becoming too hot and needing a concealer, that would be great!!! The Florida summer gets pretty hot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:27 pm 

Don,
Kins does make a low rise pants which I do use, but it is vinyl and not polyester that will breath. I do not know of any site than has the polyester type pants in a low rise. You may be able to order a little smaller size in the polyester to help with the sagging, but that might not work either. ....Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:39 pm 
Admin

Check out the plastic pants from Angelfluff Diaper Company. http://www.angelfluff.com/

They have a large selection and they are a great company to deal with.
Ive been getting mine from them for many years AND they deal with the VA system for us vets that need supplies.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:44 pm 
Admin

Thanks Paul. I found the ones I was looking for. I emailed Kins to find out the stock number. I think I'm going to try the vinyl. It says on their website that these are cooler when it comes to plastic pants...I was wondering if this is true. You said polyester was coolest but I want a low rise to wear over disposables. So I may have to go with vinyl Thanks for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:51 pm 

Don,

I wear Gary pants from adultclothdiaper.com most of the time. I'm a +/- 33" waist and I wear mediums. I also have a few pants from Kins which I found run a little smaller than the mediums from Gary. If I order more of the Kins pants I will order them in the large size. The snap-on pants from Gary are not as high in the waist as are the pull-on style pants so they ride lower on the waist and are not as hot as the snap-on style allows some air circulation. I wear the snap-on style during the summer but they are not as comfortable as the pull-on style. It took me years of trying various plastic pants to find what works best for my needs. Whichever brand you decide to order make sure you only order one pair until you find out how it fits. Comco is another brand worth trying. Their sizing is different. I swim in their large size and the mediums are way too-small for me. I understand that they now carry a medium-large size.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:21 pm 
Admin

Thanks DDS and Schoppy for the heads up. I am interested in both of those companies.
To schoppy, I do like the bikini cut plastic pants, as this is about as low as I'm willing to go. Are these made only for women? Will they fit over an Xplus or Extra? I'm not sure if they will. If not, I can try something else but I don't want to go throwing my money away on something I can't use.

One of the problems I have with my Extra's is that when I leak sitting down, the urine can flow to the sides of the diaper and causse it to leak out my hips. I've never had urine leak out the top of the diaper, but it does leak out the side where the tabs are. Know what I mean? So I need a plastic pant that will protect against this. I don't want to be sitting in class and leak and have it flow to the wings of the diaper and out where the world can see.

And DDS, I try to order 1 pair of plastic pants at a time until I know whether I like them or not. I have 3 pair from XPmedical that I do wear occasionally but they don't fit like I'd like them too. The suprema's swallow me whole. I won't buy anymore of those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:47 pm 
Admin

Hi Don, I got the coverpants that Gabby's has on their site, there are two types, lighter, and heavier gauge. They are almost cloth-like on the outside, and have a plastic-type inner shell, but nothing in a low rise kind. Mine for fit come up rather high, and I went with a med and large in size to fit over the cloth pull on's for at night. The small for a 32 waist works good for longer day trips out using a disposable. Nice to have a few options out there, 8) Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:46 pm 
Admin

Thanks Puff. The plastic pant I am seriously thinking of trying is here:

http://www.babykins.com/Merchant2/merch ... y_Code=KWP