www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:56 pm 
Admin

I am actually looking at joining the DAV. I am considering having them represent me to get to 100%. But it cost like $250 to join. I don't have that right now. But I think it would be beneficial for me to join. Membership with an organization like that has its perks.

According to the CFR 38, the tinnitus is worth like 10%. Thats all though. The bowel incontinence is worth like 30% because it requires me to wear a diaper. The hypothyroid is also worth like 30% because it causes fatigue and I have to take a medication to control it. I could not find hypothyroidism in the CFR but I did find prior cases that were adjudicated by the VA and those people had similiar cases to mine, they were awarded 30%. Chronic Diarrhea resulting from near constant GI distress as a result of irritable colon syndrome is also worth 30%

So if I can maintain my current ratings of 50% and 60% for the Bipolar and Urinary Incontinence, then my formula should look something like .5 x .4 x .7 x .7 x .7 x .9 = .061. So 6% effective or 94% disabled. The VA determines its disability ratings in increments of 10. I may be able to get 100%. If I can, its worth $2932 per month plus $75 for an extra qualifying child. That is $3007 per month. If I could get 100%, I could get my own place and afford to support my family. I don't want to seem greedy, I just want to be self sufficient and have a normal life. My disabilities cost me so much. I want to be as normal as possible.

All of these side effects are a direct result of my Bipolar medication, except for the tinnitus. I had to get medical documentation from my doctors stating that they were related. I managed to do that but it was hard. I have good doctors who are willing to work with me. I am really greatful and I hope this works out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:45 pm 
Admin

I went to the DAV today and met with the service officer. He definitely thinks I have a strong case. He believes that I should get 100% with all my disabling health conditions. I hope so. I definitely need it. My packet is going to be sent off in the mail tomorrow to the NSO's down in St. Petersburg. They work right across the hall from the adjudicators in the VA. So they work side by side. The DAV service officers are doctors and lawyers that specialize in disability law. So I should get good representation. After I mail off my paperwork on my health conditions, it will take like 90 days before I hear anything. I should have a comp and pension exam at the local VA hospital. I'm just hoping everything works out ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:46 pm 
Admin

My compensation and pension exam should be coming up. I have audiology to evaluate hearing loss on the 29th of Aug. At the comp and pension exam, they evaluate all your disabilities. It is a complete physical with prostate exam....yuck. I hate those. But it is all necessary to evaluate level of disability. I used the DAV to represent me and I have received letters in the mail stating they are working on my claim. All I'm waiting to send in is my audiology report for hearing loss. If I can get it confirmed, it could get me another 10%.

I did find out the I cannot be rated for both IBS and bowel incon. I can only be rated for one GI condition. They get to pick which one they compensate me for. They could choose the one that gives me a lower percentage. I don't know.