www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:38 pm 

Just as a bit of humour really....

I never even realised I was doing it but it drives my wife crazy. as the day goes on and we are out shopping in the mall or store things start to sag and get a little uncomfrotable down there after a while and without realising it I through my t shirt or sweater I grab the top of my diaper and pull it up...or...sometimes adjust myself a little by hand and do a little movement apparently at the same time.

My wife gets sooo embarassed even though I am very descreet it drives her crazy.

Is she right and I am weired or does anyone else do little things to keep things comfortable whilst out and about?

Post subject: fidgeting in public
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:24 pm 
Admin

Hey CharlieP, thanks for the laugh... I can see you now standing in the mall doing the "tug-up" to alieve the diaper sag... been there, done that. I now use really snug support shorts when I go out, they work well, and I have several shirts with the snaps at the crotch that support the weight very well too, as well as keeping everything tucked in and out of sight! :shock: It all depends on just how long I will be gone for, and how much protection I "take along" with me under my jeans. I always over do it as I never change away from home if I can avoid it at all costs, although there is spare "kit" in the trunk if I need it. No, you are not "weird" just trying to deal with some discomfort in whatever way works for you. Now if you dropped your pants in the middle of the mall concourse to adjust, I seriously would have to re-think all this! :lol: Try tighter shorts, or a diaper shirt, and get a snug fit if you go that route, they work but are useless if they are not small enough. Thanks again for the giggle, it is good to have a smile about all this now and then! Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:59 am 

Puffy is right on. You can not have too much protection on, only too little. Yes, with a highly absorbant diaper it means more weight as it gets used and therefore more sag. Tight shorts or a diaper shirt will help a lot. But as men we are also always adjusting for normal reasons too. But we have all been there and are there day after day. Not much we can do about it! Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:46 am 

Yep I do that from time to time when it starts to sag. If I'm not wearing something to help keep it from sagging. Never really thought about it I guess I tend to pull the front more then the back when in public. I think I do this because I can be more discreet. I know I've seen Jane do that often she usually reaches behind her and pulls it up on the back side. I try to wear the diaper so it's above my waist line of the pants when I can. That way the waist of the pants help to hold the diaper in place. Also I find that when I wear pants that over the top of the diaper. Or should I say they ride high enough that they cover the top of the diaper. They can cause the diaper to want to slip down :? ........Sandy :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:26 pm 

CharlieP wrote:
I never even realised I was doing it but it drives my wife crazy.

I can relate to this even though I'm 95% continent and have been leaking less than a year. My thing is constantly checking myself to see if any wetness is showing through. My wife goes nuts! Most days I wear normal underwear and accept a few drips and drops unless I'm going to be out for a while.

If I am wearing a diaper I find it can stick to me when wet, and it's nice to pull it away from my skin for a second to let some air in there, especially on a hot summer day. But I've learned to be very discreet about it to keep my wife in control. What does she know, anyway?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:39 pm 

This drives my wife nuts also. It is espessially bad if I am wearing depends. The Depends don't have a high enough rise so it is difficult to reach them to pull them up discreatly. Yet anouther good reason to wear a quality diaper.

Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:26 am 

I find wearing underwear (tighty whities - or - butt huggers) over a diaper. I do this for two reasons.

1) They help hold the wet diaper more securely, so it doesn't hang and feel droopy. This helps me "feel" more comfortable, therefore i need to adjust myself much less.

2) The underwear helps protect the plastic shell from more rigid pants like jeans, or cargo pants. That little layer of underwear keeps your pants from rubbing a small hole in the plastic, which will inevitable spring a leak.

3) Even though I didn't list 3 reasons - the underwear actually help reduce a bit of the "crackling" sound that disposables create. In a noisy mall - no one would hear it. But in a more quite area - maybe a department in a Sears or JC Penny - it may be more audible to someone not used to the sounds we all learn to shut out.

-

Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:41 am 

I wear a type of tight strech underwear over what ever I am wearing to keep it in place.They are like boy shots I think they are called with some legs to them. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:51 am 

MichaelQ wrote:
I find wearing underwear (tighty whities - or - butt huggers) over a diaper. I do this for two reasons.

I also wear white cotton briefs over my diapers to keep them from sagging. But there's no noise whatsoever from my Abena pull-ups.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:15 am 

you're not embarrassing mate. It's just happen that you have that situation. I know people will try to understand that. Just make sure you'll always be careful of such thing to prevent any other unwanted acts. :)