www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 am 

Hi all

Just had Bladder neck and Urethral Spincter Botox on Monday stayed overnight in hospital with an indwelling cath and leg bag but when being discharged I was having straining issues, as well as burning and was told by the recovery ward to go to treating GP the urology dept reception told me the same thing as I left with no IDC or AntiBiotics.

Wednesday went to treating GP which told me to go to local ED (So I went to local hospital not the one that did OP) well they inserted IDC as well as a flip flow and gave me an antibiotic and referral letter to go straight to treating urology Dept the next day.

Thursday Went to the Urology Dept well the receptionist was just going to let the nurse talk to me and make a follow up appointment with no action that day. Thankfully the nurse rang my treating urologist and wanted the flip flow replaced with a leg bag and will be called this coming Tuesday or Wednesday to see how things are going but I don't see the Urologist til the 22 May.

Apparently I might get the IDC taken out on the 8th but I am going to request to keep it in until I see the urologist as I am going to discuss other treatment options as Botox if works only works for about 6ish months and then will have to take it easy no exercise or stuff for 6 weeks after everytime botox is done.

Well I feel I am completely tolerating the complete urinary incontinence quite well (caused by IDC) except its bulky, doesn't fit under clothes well as well as I am slowly becoming more and more wheelchair dependent and have multiple falls which I am concerned will dislodge the IDC in future if I chose the as the perminate option as well as no sexual activity, exercise etc