www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 9:52 pm 

I've been fighting my insurance for MONTHS to supply my diapers. Days spent on the phone, tears, etc its been an absolute nightmare. I am on SSDI. My food stamps drastically got cut when they did the last cost of living increase. They said I made too much on disability. Go figure. I have medicare and medicaid and signed up for a medicare advantage plan because they said they would give me a food stipend. Cool! Well I have been fighting them for months to get them to cover diapers. I called a local medical supply place and was told they got everything approved and I would be getting tranquility atns, chux, wipes, etc.

I won't consider it a win until I see them at my door. Its been an absolute nightmare. I have also gotten myself in debt paying for diapers on my own.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 9:45 am 

The pharmacy lied to me. My stuff did NOT get approved. It needs a prior authorization. More calls, more waiting. Nothing like breaking down in tears at 9:30 in the morning

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 3:21 pm 

I wish I had some sort of wand that would solve your problems. Incontinence management, in addition to its embarrassment, can be expensive. Our insurance companies care more about their profits than their policyholders, which can be devastating. I understand what cold comfort it is, but your frustration with your insurance carrier, multiplied millions of times, will, I hope, lead to a policy resolution more sensitive to the needs of handicapped folks.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 5:32 pm 

I talked to the medical supply place this morning and they messed up what i needed. Again. And said they had to get ANOTHER authorization. So i changed my 5 star review to a 1. A lady called profusely apologized and as a courtesy is going to send my entire order tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 7:11 pm 

justej wrote:
I talked to the medical supply place this morning and they messed up what i needed. Again. And said they had to get ANOTHER authorization. So i changed my 5 star review to a 1. A lady called profusely apologized and as a courtesy is going to send my entire order tomorrow.

What you are going though right now is a lot like I was for a long time. Mine did not end well as my PA. said I make to much money to get Medicaid. I could buy in but do not make enough to afford it.

I also got my food stamps cut from max to what they are now.

So I have to pay for my own diapers, end up paying out of pocket for food, and I am stuck with the hospital that had done nothing to help me at this point.

I also only have basic Medicare and cannot change it because an orginization in my state is paying my Part D for my meds and they will not return calls to get things changed to get back my insurance that I had during the pandemic.

Yea it sucks.

Wish things were not like this.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!