Switch to full style
Post any comments, remarks, ideas, observations, experiences, concerns or questions here.
Post a reply

New high capacity diaper

Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:36 am

The new InControl Be-Dry diaper has a an ISO 7,500ml capacity. It may be practical if you already add a booster pad to a premium diaper. The Be-Dry diaper may cost no more than a premium diaper with a quality booster pad - as I must for nights.

Of course, the jury is still out on how much USEABLE capacity the diaper provides. Many other ultra-high-capacity diapers suffer from the gel-block effect where the SAP near the front becomes saturated and forms a "dam" or blockage that prevents wicking or flow of urine to the middle and rear parts of the diaper.

--John
(double incontinent)

Re: New high capacity diaper

Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:58 pm

I tried one of those high capacity ones for a long flight this week. Supposedly 11,000 ISO, but it suffers from the same issues you described - while sitting on that 15 hour flight, the front puffed up tremendously and nothing got wet in the crotch or back.Adding insult was the childish printing and very small sizing.

Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:48 pm

but is even feasible those high capacities 7 liters or even 11 liters, how much of that capacity is really be usable and how much money pay by capacities that only look nice for marketing?

just i wonder

Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:58 am

These are crazy volumes but what if they were actually attainable? A full 7 liter diaper would weigh over 15 pounds and an 11 liter one would be over 24 pounds! Both seem completely unrealistic to me. I guess you would have to have a great set of diaper suspenders for either one of those. :shock:

Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:57 pm

The highest capacity diaper that have used are of 5 liters (5000ml) and when fully used turns heavy and with the heat uncomfortable so I wondered if ever the highest capacity like 7/11 liters would be usable. Even using the fullest capacity since in a point would like take off without even use what you paid for.

Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:06 pm

Agreed. These "Ultra" high capacities are not useable. I would rather see an emphasis on achieving greater useable capacities. For example, greater wicking (SAP does not wick) via "channels" or grooves in the absorbent mat.

--John
Post a reply