Post any comments, remarks, ideas, observations, experiences, concerns or questions here.
Post a reply

It's been awhile

Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:50 pm

Hey y'all. I haven't been around for awhile. my health hasn't been the best. I'm having a total knee replacement on December 1st. I haven't hardly been out of bed in about 8 months. If I do go out it's to go to medical appointments or to the park with my aide and partner in my wheelchair. I had my apartment redone to make it more accessible. I have a pole next to my bed, a sliding transfer bench in the bathtub and grab bars everywhere. My go-to diapers these days are the MegaMax and confidry. I figured out the pul pants I was using were causing more leaks than not. Anyway I hope everyone is doing well.

Re: It's been awhile

Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:07 pm

Hi justej. Glad to hear that you're making the best of a difficult situation.

My wife and I recently got COVID but are recovering from it. We had the initial vaccinations and a booster, but I guess that needs to be kept up. Be careful of pharmacies right now where they have line ups for flu shots. I think that is where I got infected.

Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:15 pm

I'm boosted out the wazoo and the department of health came to my apartment and gave me my flu shot and last booster. I avoid the pharmacy like the plague and have all my prescriptions delivered

Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:49 pm

Add my welcome back. This reads as though you have indeed improved the accessibility of your apartment. Bravo! As for your upcoming surgery, good luck and keep us informed.

Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:14 am

Welcome back, just. It's good to hear from you.

--John
(double incontinent)

Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:44 pm

Thanks guys. It's been a rough time but I'm pushing through. I've had to have help with bowel and bladder management (changing etc) which has truly humbled me. This will continue for awhile after surgery. My surgeon said my case is different being an amputee and my recovery will be longer. But I just want the pain in to stop. I'm in pain 24/7.

Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:40 pm

Just, I've had both my knees replaced. It's painful immediately after the surgery and for two or three weeks afterward. But when you've recovered, your knees should be pain free for the rest of your life. It's wonderful. The only problem is that the end of knee pain doesn't correct any of the other effects of old age.
Post a reply