Post any comments, remarks, ideas, observations, experiences, concerns or questions here.
Post a reply

Water intake

Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:08 pm

Good news

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... y-suggests

Re: Water intake

Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:07 am

“This study shows that the common suggestion that we should all be drinking eight glasses of water – or around two litres a day - is probably too high for most people in most situations, and a ‘one-size-fits-all policy’ for water intake is not supported by this data,” said Prof John Speakman of the University of Aberdeen, a co-author.

“I think it’s a recommendation that many people just ignore and follow what their body is telling them,” he said.
I've always believed that figure (8 glasses/day) to be outrageous for my own self. So I "just ignored and follow what my body was telling me". Thanks for the link to the article.

Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:07 am

Other published medical papers prior to this latest one have noted that much of the daily recommended intake of water is in the form of many foods.

--John
(double incontinent)

Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:49 pm

Hi All

Keeping hydrated is still important though to reduce odour and infections. I always ensure that I pee clear in my diaper otherwise things can happen that can be avoided!

Greenbank
Post a reply