www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:30 pm 

They did a blood test and yea lysis I believe. The motility and quantity test was produce genetic material into the cup provided and get it to the lab within 30 minutes.

Also took the pills you mentioned plus selenium ands a blended one that wast he most expensive but I can’t recall it’s name

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:01 am 

Quote:
Thanks and congrats! So you opted to not try any supplements or anything like that? You also kept wearing as well? Do you wear 24/7?

Since my numbers were very high, they felt I didn't need to worry about it. I had a lot of defective sperm that I assume were from the heat, but for whatever reasons my overall numbers were high enough that they said it didn't really count. We did IUI and IVF. The primary problems weren't on my end; my wife had a couple major issues going on. We both had chronic illnesses.

They never suggested any changes for me.

My biggest regret is all the time and money we wasted on the IUI treatments. We were 100% self-pay for this. I wish we had gone the IVF route a year or two earlier.

Yes, I had (generally light) fecal incontinence with chronic diarrhea so my options were limited. I did try using some Conni cloth pull-up underwear some of the time when I was doing better, but it is so tight I don't know if it made a difference. When I was doing really well a few days I switched to regular underwear with pads, but I think the last time we did the procedure (when they froze the eggs that actually worked) I was using pull-ups.

With IUI, they would place the sperm right at the egg under ultrasound in the morning (I would have to ejaculate there in the office while they prepped my wife, then they would wash the sperm and go down to another room to do her part), and then in the evening we were given the assignment of having intercourse again that night until we climaxed for best results--not sure how that was supposed to work, but that is what they told us.

I can tell you that under all that stress, plus having to "go off" in the morning in a room there at the clinic, it was sometimes pretty brutal in the evening and it put a massive dent in our sex life. I'm not sure if it "ruined it" but it sure took most of the fun out and turned it into a chore from which we've not yet recovered many years later. I could tell a couple stories, ugh.