www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Spread the word
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:32 pm 

Hi everyone I have just checked back and thought I would respond to this thread. My brother has been in hospital since Feb 20 2022. He has been diagnosed with stage three rectal cancer . My time has been spent with him and dealing with my own appointments. I will not go into detail here but it has been extremely rough on us all especially him. I would have liked to contribute more but at days end I am exhausted and spent every day. I am still here and find great value in this site, it has shown me the way and I have accepted this is the way it is going to be for now and the future as I see it. I am spreading the word about this wonderful resource to my Doctors Occupational Therapists and other confidants . I will try to check in a little more often
so please excuse my prolonged absence and these long periods of silence.

Blessings
Paul Henry

Last edited by Paul Henry on Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:33 pm 

I stumbled across this site a few years ago, searching for ANYTHING or ANYONE who could help me navigate the then new-to-me incontinence journey. The information, interaction, and general good will and encouragement were instrumental in learning how to deal with it, and in fact thrive while wearing a diaper. After a few years, life got in the way and I found myself focusing on other things. A few months ago, I felt the need to get back involved. It took me a while to find it, as I had changed laptops and lost some of my bookmarked pages. It didn't even show up in a Google search for "incontinent support." But I finally found it. It was comforting to see so many of the "old guard" still here, but I have to admit I was surprised there weren't more new people. My guess is that since it doesn't show up in a search, people just don't know that this site exists. I can't imagine that there aren't countless others who would benefit greatly from the wisdom of the people on this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:04 pm 

I'm sorry Paul Henry for your brother's cancer and completely understand the reasons your absence. I'll pray for you both.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:29 pm 

Thank You Wayne , I will open a more detailed reply in a new topic at another time when I am able, thankyou again for your thoughts and prayers.

Paul Henry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:11 am 

Just did a search for incontinence support group with DuckDuckGo and this site was listed once about 2 pages down, where off topic sites are beginning to show up. Maybe low traffic leads to this. I have found this site to be more useful than any other I have looked at.
As for security issues I use a unique username and password for every site I visit and strictly limit Java scripts which can be run.
Sorry I don't have an answer.... Stan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:59 pm 

I haven't looked at this site for many months. It's really nice to see old familiar names who've helped me a great deal still interacting.

I probably, like Patrick says, got the information/help I needed and moved on. But also, things in my life have made incontinence one of the smallest issues I deal with. Some of that is a perspective I gained from talking to folks like me here. Incontinence is "just a thing"

Moreover, I've had some breakthroughs in finding out my medical problems, my career and family require my full attention, and I've pretty found the best system for myself with the incontinence stuff. I just haven't had the bandwidth to think about it more.

This is the best place to find real information, and have real questions answered, free from the garbage you find through internet searches.

I'm sure there are ways to advertise to the right folks that are just looking for help, but i can't answer the 'how'.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:19 am 

Welcome back CityGardener! It's good to hear that things are going well with you. Also good that you have found solutions that work well for your incontinence. :D When "Life" permits, tell us more.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:47 am 

I'm here the lack of activity is common is forums.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:44 pm 

Activity here goes in waves, it seems.

Stay with it over time and you'll find some of the recurring 'activity' is worth the wait.