www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plastic Vs pul pants
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:26 pm 

I have tried both pull and plastic pants. For me plastic pants last only 3-6 months depending on care. Polyurethane have lasted me for years with proper care. My choice is the latter. Since I only bed wet, I need diapers and plastic pants at night.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:03 pm 

I too us the garywear active briefs. Own three pairs. The only time I have had a leak was my fault. There were recommended by the good people at LLmedico and I use them every night, and when going to be away from the house a long time due to my bladder and bowel issues. (As long as i don't eat before I go out I am normally okay for a few hours but lately that has not been the case)

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:31 pm 

another vote for the garywear .I buy 7pr every couple years.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:49 am 

I ordered a few of the new InControl Waterproof Pants new fit and they seam to be well made, time will tell after several wash’s I would like to try the Gary ware but unfortunately theres no Canadian distributors. Might order a few from Northshore

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:43 am 

RobertH wrote:
I ordered a few of the new InControl Waterproof Pants new fit and they seam to be well made, time will tell after several wash’s I would like to try the Gary ware but unfortunately theres no Canadian distributors. Might order a few from Northshore

the incontrol pul pant got one try from me then straight to the trash. elastics were very narrow and uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 9:15 am 

How are these in sizing compared to leakmaster and gary
https://www.driwear.com/product_info.ph ... cts_id=197

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:35 am 

Driwear pants are made for disposable diapers whereas Leakmaster are made for cloth. Therefore the crotch width of the Driwear ones are shorter, therefore they are less bulky. However I have noticed that the leg openings on Large are a little smaller on the Driwear pants. Both brands are well made and have lasted a long time for me.

I always get the tape covered elastics as the bare ones are annoying after wearing for a couple of hours.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:10 pm 

Just got my first pair of Euroflex pants.

They're great!! I have the same positive opinions as others here.

Only concern: (as many have stated) they're LOUD. I think I can dampen the noise under some clothes, but these may end up being just a bedtime/at home solution.

I love how these fit, and how cool they are. It's been +95°F here for the last week and a half, with 70% humidity. These are noticeably more comfortable.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:07 pm 

It has gotten a little warm in Arizona this week (108F). Had to spend some time outdoors and wore a day weight ACD diaper with 2 cloth boosters and their Leakmaster PUL pants. The combination was remarkably comfortable in the heat. Really no perspiration added to my usual "leakage".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:43 pm 

I have found that two thinner weight Birdseye weave cloth diapers (as compared to a single thicker diaper) to be much more comfortable than disposables in the Texas heat and humidity. I haven’t noticed PUL pants to be any cooler than the thin, light weight, very durable Euroflex (urethane) pants, though I wear PUL pants from ACD a fair amount because they’re quieter but thicker.
A DEFINITE plus is that cloth doesn’t bunch! Clumps show up and adversely affect the ability to absorb further wetness.
Unfortunately, the bulk of cloth isn’t for everyone if outside the home. I think there’s a fair number of people who use cloth at night though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next