www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:09 pm 

Hi!

I noticed last spring that Tampere University in Finland is carrying out a research project about incontinence products and their cultural, economic and societal implications. I took part in a number of preliminary discussions with the research team and promised them to share their website to this forum. The research project gathers stories from people who wear or are otherwise connected with incontinence, related products or the industry whether in a consumer or professional role. Currently the project is collecting data in Finnish, but will later collect stories in English as well. The research team is multinational and multi-disciplinary. Please note that the English data portal is not open yet. Covid pandemic and coordination of the project have caused delays, but I will keep you informed on the schedule when I receive more information!

If community members are interested, they may take a look at the research project's English language website and later contribute to the data with their input. The researchers will open English language data collection at a later point.

The researchers are interested in many different aspects of incontinence and incontinence products. For example:
-Life quality
-Challenges and difficulties associated with living with incontinence and incontinence product use
-How incontinence and use of incontinence products affects life, personal economy, intimacy, work life etc.
-Environmental perspective
-Views on industry (also from a consumer POV)
-Advertisement
-Availability
-Equality/inequality etc.

This research can potentially shed light on something millions of people live with but which is often ignored or hidden in society. I strongly believe that the members of ISC community have plenty of insight and important things to share with the researchers. I do not want to press anyone to contribute, but I hope that by sharing this information with you, someone here might feel interested in sharing their experiences and views with an academic team and give perspective on living with incontinence in different parts of the world. The researchers are European but would be very interested in hearing from people based in other continents as well. I know that this community has people from US and Canada, and information from these countries would definitely be appreciated. Of course experience from all around the world (even if you have worked abroad during your incontinence) would be appreciated. Contributions from all parts of the globe are welcome and you are free to share information about the project.

The research head is Mrs. Tiina Vaittinen

Address
Arvo Ylpön katu 34
33014 Tampereen yliopisto, SUOMI-FINLAND.

tel: +358401909770

Email: tiina.vaittinen [a] tuni.fi

Twitter: @PadprojectV (EN)

The link to the website: https://www.padproject.online

I hope you find this interesting and choose to participate if you find the idea comfortable.

Best Regards & Take Care,

-Ü.

Last edited by Überaktive on Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:38 am 

This really sounds interesting, I for one am looking forward to contributing when the English data portal opens up so please keep us informed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:51 pm 

Add my support and interest as well. Keep us informed, please. Bravo!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:26 pm 

I'm happy to contribute to the English portal as well!

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:52 pm 

Hi everyone!

I did contact them to help with my experience and they answered quick and were very kind, I encourage anyone who´s got the time and confidence to help also to do it, I think it´s just a sand grain in the desert but this way is how we´ll finish doing it as normal as other differencies between persons.

Regards to everybody!!