www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:26 pm 

Hi!
Now that I have a concrete plan to get the $3,000 needed for paying the fees of an expert firm specializing in founding nonprofits, I feel better about the whole prospect. I am planning distribute donated products, and possibly even setting aside my own money as a donation to the non profit i will establish to provide long term supplies to those in need. I do have a few questions for you incontinent veterans about products.

I know that storage in an non-climate controlled area in warm/hot weather can affect the stickiness of tabs on products with sticky tape tabs, but does cold weather affect diapers at all? The reason I ask is to minimize cost, for the first few years I plan to utilize storage lockers that do not have a guarantee of being climate controlled. I think I would plan on storing diapers that have sticky tape tabs in the fall and winter, and have them gone by the time summer rolls around. That is, unless a Michigan winter would adversely affect sticky tabs. I have had wipes actually freeze on me, but that's because they contain water.

My second question is for those with heavy incontience or complete loss of control. Of the premium brands available on XP Medical and Northshore care, would products such as Abena or Seni be as effective in managing your incontinence as a more expensive product such as BetterDry, Confidry or Northshore care Supreme? I plan to send samples of diapers to those qualifying for my long term programs to see which product manges their incontience the best, and encurage if possible to selelct the less expensive yet still high quality product in order to maximize the number of clients served on our budget. Does this make sense? I could always throw in booster pads with the less expensive diapers to compenstate for the really heavily incontinent foks. As always, I look forward to your replies.

Peace out!
Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:41 pm 

I like the Seni Super Plus and the NorthShore Supreme. Keep us posted on how this is working out, great idea.