www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hypothetical question
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:07 am 

Lets say you were running low on supplies. You're struggling to afford them. You find a website that offers free diapers, but in order to get them, you have to give a photo ID and your address. But that's it. Would you be ok with that?

Lets say that you find that your incontinence has gotten so bad that you have to wear diapers all the time and they are getting expensive. You stumble across a website that offers a case of premium diapers once a month for 3 months if you provide photo id, and a statement from a healthcare provider verifying you or your loved one have an incontinence condition and that it is severe. Would you be ok with that?

Lets say that you are voiding like an infant and burning through diapers like mad. Your cost is 175 a month or more. If there were a website that offered a case of premium diapers per month for an entire year, but required a photo ID, statement of severe incontinence from a healthcare professional and receipts showing the amount spent on products, would you be ok with that?

I am toying with different ideas for programs. I want to help as many as I can. I am just trying to figure out.

What say you all?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:39 am 

I would be okay with doing the medical prof however the ID is the hard part. there is alot of information on my ID that could be used for identity theft.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:17 am 

itjustleaks wrote:
I would be okay with doing the medical prof however the ID is the hard part. there is alot of information on my ID that could be used for identity theft.

I agree with you on that.
Be very careful about sharing ID information.

Hello, my name is Scott, and physically, I am 46 years old. However, thanks to abuse, and being special needs, mentally and emotionally, I am equal to about 6-10 years old. I'm autistic, deal with double incontinence, anxiety, depression, and PTSD.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:18 pm 

I appreciate the input. The whole reason why I'm asking these is to ensure that any future recipients are set at ease.

It is obvious to me that I need some sort of vetting procedures in place. I do need to know the name of the individual and I need to know their address so I can ship the product to them. I need to verify that they are an actual person and not a random nobody getting a forged signature on the documentation verifying need in order to get a year's worth of diapers to sell to people.

I don't need to know their social security number, their date of birth, income level, or anything else to vet them.

So itjustleaks and Scott, what would you suggest as an alternative? I have them take a picture of themselves holding a piece of paper with their name, address, and current date without any other identifying things on the paper? would that suffice for verifying they are a real person with actual need if their name matches the name given on the written statement? I appreciate any ideas you folks have.

Peace out!
Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:25 pm 

they have that i am not a robot check on some web sites could that be idea to go with heck i dont know if you get it set up right where it shows where you work with state Medicaid programs would help with both id and income both would be my guess to go with but i really have no clue how to work something like that i know i wish i could had something like what you want to set up really bad cause i could have used the help i know where i am at the state medicaid here the stuff they offer is junk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:00 pm 

Hypothetical answer--;)
You will need the home phone number too. Some carriers need it for home delivery.