www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:48 am 

I am just wondering with my bladder inconsistency between periods of incontinence, retention and normal to the point Urologist at Prince of Wales hospital has refused treatment as my bladder is all over the place according to them last year they recommended self-catherization which would be extremely difficult as well as maybe dangerous as I have been told by my GP I have Essential Tremor in my hands as I have bad shakes pending on stress levels etc.

I was wondering what other treatments I don’t wish for a leg bag containment system as too bulky and can be easily knocked as well as I am a huge fall risk etc. I need some physical and psychological relief of my bladder (as been living with this issue since 2009) issues as P.O.W.H refused to do anything for the year I was with them I had tried medications (dry mouth and didn’t seem to work), timed voiding (bladder doesn’t always want to void when needed and have discomfort like its full). I have had to accept briefs and see them as the lesser two evils (as I already have to wear incontinence briefs 24/7 due to my bladder so inconsistant) if I could somehow have the bladder release into them to stop the retention and some consistency I wish to have full continence but since my issue is nerve related L3L4L5S1.

Also it is affecting my Mental health as I cant accept the incontinence due to the inconsistency as well as my autism makes it hard to accept as it isnt always.

Sent an email to a continence nurse I know and speaking to GP tomorrow due to unrelated issues I hope I haven't affended anyone as well as this issue is not a fetish for me I joined this website years ago for information

Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:59 am 

It's possible to inject botox into the bladder sphincter; this will relax it allowing urine to flow freely. This is normally used in combination with an external catheter but some men (it's rarely used on women) use pads.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:20 am 

You present one difficult problem. In my experience, Botox injections worked pretty much as advertised; however, they did not last forever, and each injection renewal lasted a shorter time than the last. The solution, for me, was a sphincterotomy. Because this disables the valve that controls urination, you must get over the fear of knowing that you will never regain control and will need diapers or some other management tool for the rest of your life. But it worked, so I have no regrets.