www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: diaper storage quandary
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:43 pm 

My wife wants to remodel our master bedroom by taking room from our walk-in closet. This walk-in closet used to be an office for the previous owner and we've made it pretty nice with his and her areas and cedar closets for our wool clothes. Even still, there is still a fair amount of room that isn't used. One area is where I keep my diapers. I usually keep about 1-2 months of diapers stored in this closet. Its nothing fancy - just in the bags. I have a drawer in my dresser that stores the diapers and I'll replace a drawer with close to a bag's worth of diapers.
I've liked keeping these diapers in our walk-in closet because nobody ever comes in our master bedroom. Its our space. My diaper bin is in the bathroom and all my diapers are contained in one general vicinity. I don't have to worry about it or think about moving my diapers if we have guests. Sure I could put them in the garage or in the basement, but then I have to worry about them being scattered throughout the house.
Am I overthinking this?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:02 am 

As part of the redesign, you could request a space dedicated to your inventory. You might be surprised at how functional your new space can be. Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:34 am 

What about adding a vertical cabinet with doors to the closet when you do the redesign? That's what i've got in my closet and it gives me a lot of storage, and with the doors closed it's out of sight which I like. Even though my Wife is very supportive, and doesn't have a problem with seeing my diapers it still makes me feel just a bit better about it as we don't have to see them all the time. It's also nice to have everything in one place at one time.
Attachment:
IMG_2651.JPG
IMG_2651.JPG [ 472.33 KiB | Viewed 1552 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_2652.JPG
IMG_2652.JPG [ 524.56 KiB | Viewed 1552 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 pm 

Padded53:
Great minds think alike. I like your cabinet a lot.
We have a carriage house so space is a premium. My loving wife was nice enough to leave our entertainment center in our master bedroom that we used for our previous tv. It has drawers and doors to keep our old tv hidden. We have no use for the entertainment center anymore and we got rid of the tv. In fact we don't watch tv in the master bedroom.
So we have this large entertainment center. My wife wanted to store blankets in it or to get rid of it. I was able to convince her to let me store my diapers there. I have drawers and a large storage area for my diapers, bedpads, wipes. Its quite nice to store everything in one spot.

To Fiacs:
Maybe you can convince your wife to let you have some space to store your diapers. I know that I have plenty of clothes that I can store elsewhere or donate. For example, most of my suits are ill-fitting and I have no use for them anymore so that would clear a lot of space in our closet. I would be happy to replace more of my suits with golf shirts anyway. Thats the life that I planned to have after running the rat race for so many years. Good Luck

- STL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:26 pm 

Thanks to you all for your advice.
The remodel is going to take a good bit of space from our closet. Maybe its time to clean out the closet anyway.
As an aside, we were talking about tossing old clothes and my wife asked me if I still wanted my old underwear. I know I haven't worn them in several years but I still can't let them go. I know its an emotional and mental roadblock to get rid of all my underwear and replace the drawer with more diapers. Its not too much to ask right?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:46 pm 

Here's what I did concerning the "old" underwear... I kept about six pair that I thought someday I might use, or that I could use over my diapers (boxer briefs in this case) and that made me feel a lot better about getting rid of all of the rest of my normal underwear. It worked for me, your mileage may vary.