Switch to full style
Post any comments, remarks, ideas, observations, experiences, concerns or questions here.
Post a reply

Re: Learned my lesson today

Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:06 pm

I have been using Padded53's method of extending the capacity of a pull-up for about two years. It has worked well. It isn't a solution for everyone nor every situation. I have also doubled up on the pull-ups and added a guard to the inner pull-up. I change the guard once and then discard the inner pull-up and the 2nd guard. This works well for golf and winter sports. It provides a longer period of protection and a slimmer profile than a tape up diaper. The ease and speed of changing is an additional benefit.

I have used the booster in tape on diapers and it works but not as well as with the pull-up. One note, I have found that using two different depend brand pull-ups gives me the best fit. I use a Night Protection as the base and a Real Fit for the second pull-up. They fit slightly differently with the Real Fit being slightly snugger than the Night Protection. I have tried this at night and it hasn't worked as well for me. A full tape up diaper provides the best solution for me at night.

We all have to find solutions that work for a variety of activities, budgets and our tolerances for discretion. I keep working on resolving the incontinence issue but also have to accept the fact that it may not go away.

Re: Learned my lesson today

Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:16 pm

I agree with you that what I wear depends on what I plan on doing during the day.

Like you my nighttime protection does not vary. It is a tabbed disposable brief with a pair of plastic pants. I also sleep on a disposable bedpad.
What I wear during the day depends on being out vs staying home, being close to a toilet vs inaccessible to toilet, clothes that I will be wearing.
I was able to get through yesterday with the pullon + booster system quite well. A local surgical supply store carries tranquility boosters and they have worked wonderfully.I spent most of the day at home and I had a few errands. My bathroom is next to the office and the studio so I can be alright most of the time when I am working at home.

Spending a lot of time outside of the home is a different story.

If the weather clears up, I hope to return to hiking at the local parks. Thats a unique situation altogether.
Post a reply