www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hey
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:43 pm 

Haven’t been on in awhile and thought I’d say hi.
It’s been a rough time with my health. My sister was diagnosed with ms last year around the time of my amputation. I’ve been having some weird symptoms like constipation, numbness in my fingers, headache etc. I went to the er on Thursday afternoon and after spending 10 hours there I was sent home with an “I dunno”
I slept all day Friday and part of Saturday. I changed myself as I got to the back of the er but even though I needed help I was too embarrassed to ask. My betterdry leaked after one wetting and I did my best to clean up and not spend an hour in the bathroom. I still haven’t found a diaper I can afford that doesn’t leak without a booster. I have plenty of betterdrys left from last month so next month I think I’m going to order a case of supremes and boosters and call it a day.

Post subject: Re: Hey
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:44 pm 

I regretted reading of your difficulties. Although incontinence is not universal among MS patients, it is common. If your sister is among those so afflicted, you could refer her to this site for support. Good luck and keep us informed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:50 pm 

justej:
I was wondering if you have tried the folded cotton inserts (Walmart Flour Sack Towels) that I recommended to you? And if so what were your results? I have found the aquisition rate of the cotton inserts to be far superior to any of the regular boosters sold by Northshore and the others, They absorb a lot by themselves and slowly transfer that to the diaper. In addition you can always double them up and place them just where you need them the most. Of course some trail and error will be needed but I would think that one or two of these inserted into a super premium diaper like a Better Dry might solve your leakage issues. Yes, after use you will have to rinse them in the sink and then dry them but at least they don't require a huge washing machine to clean.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:18 pm 

Hey padded: I actually haven’t had any wiggle room with my finances to get them. I literally have no money at the moment and haven’t had any extra to purchase some. I will once I get the chance though.