www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:09 pm 

I've often thought on this very question. In the 26 years of having incontinence, and wearing diapers, I have become quite cavalier about it. It is just a non issue anymore. With the improvement in quality, and absorbency of adult diapers, I just don't have much negative to say about wearing a diaper. Save for one thing, the expense. Though my favorite diaper (Seni Quatro) has dropped dramatically in price. That helps in the negative department. I have been open about my incontinence. All my friends, family, and co-workers know, and I have never been shamed, or belittled by anyone. I don't fear that anymore. The things I "like" about diapers, have pretty much covered, i.e. long drives, shows/movies, etc.. I have come to appreciate long uninterrupted sleep. Good diapers ensure that. Working in a naval shipyard in Bremerton Wa., I get to operate a lot of different machinery, i.e. semis, locomotives, moving and handling equipment, earth movers, yada, yada, yada. Oh yes, I love my job! Wearing diapers allow me to get a lot of work done. I often joke about incontinence. One of my favorite quips, is when a co-worker says they are going to pee break, and I always tell them...."It's always people with bladder control that holds up the show. That's always good for a laugh. After too many years of incontinence, I have realized that I have come to the point that I neither like, nor dislike incontinence/diapers. It is just a fact of my life, and I just make the best of it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:27 am 

docjohn wrote:
After too many years of incontinence, I have realized that I have come to the point that I neither like, nor dislike incontinence/diapers. It is just a fact of my life, and I just make the best of it.

Kinda like shaving.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:41 pm 

doogles wrote:
docjohn wrote:
After too many years of incontinence, I have realized that I have come to the point that I neither like, nor dislike incontinence/diapers. It is just a fact of my life, and I just make the best of it.

Kinda like shaving.

That's a great way to look at it. Thanks for that!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:31 am 

I have reached the point where my diapers are just my underwear. I am very glad I have them.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:29 pm 

To add to my previous post on this topic:

The worst part of incontinence, for me, is not the incontinence itself, but rather the gimmemymorphine pain. When my bladder or bowel spasm, the excruciating pain overwhelms all else. I will gladly do anything I can do to end that agony. Diapers are a distant afterthought. My new cardiologist is himself a cancer survivor, and he is the first medical professional whose experience with the GI effects of chemo mimic my experience of gastroparesis. He understood, better than my gastroenterologist, who should have understood.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:47 pm 

what I like? nothing.

What I dont:
-pissing myself
-doctors
-expense of products
-the need to wear the products.
-discomfort of the products in hot weather or during physical activity
-the constant worry of people finding out
-embarrasment the condition comes with

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:00 pm 

I don't like being incontinent. I have just accepted that it is a part of my life.

Before I got to my GP and admitted I could not control my body I had periods where I could not get out of my apartment because all my clothes were wet. It was a huge problem.

Even if diapers give a bit of freedom concerning finding restrooms, another bit of freedom is lost having to plan everything to be sure I carry enough diapers. Also the game of disposing used diapers without being caught is a stress factor as no one around me know I am wearing.

When the diaper is dry it is quite warm and comfortable, but in my dry periods I get much of the same comfort wearing wool underwear.

For me incontinence is one of my symptoms connected to struggling with the effects of abuse both in my childhood and later as an adult.
Me and my psychologist work hard to get me fully functioning.
I am confident that I one day will be there. Until then diapers are a great tool to make my life manageable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:32 pm 

WetDad wrote:
doogles wrote:
docjohn wrote:

Kinda like shaving.

That's a great way to look at it. Thanks for that!

You're welcome Wet Dad. It sounds like we have come to the same conclusion on the matter.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:09 am 

As I have said before, "Be thankful for your diapers." Think how much worse it wold be without them. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:19 am 

JDinVirginia wrote:
As I have said before, "Be thankful for your diapers." Think how much worse it wold be without them. :(

I'm not thankful when I get teased about them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next