www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Comfidry 24/7
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:53 pm 

happilyretired2 wrote:
I challenge the issue that the NorthShore MegaMax and the ConfiDry 24/7 are comparable. I wear the same size in both products, a medium. The Confidry with shipping from Amazon is $1.77 each compared with $2.50 each for the MegaMax. Using my example you get 16 more briefs buying Confidry. The price for the MegaMax directly from North Shore, after adding their shipping, is virtually the same as from Amazon.

NorthShore makes a good product and they claim that the MegaMax has more capacity. I don't dispute their claim. However, the one fact that all comparisons overlook is that urine has weight and gravity works the same regardless of a product's capacity. Unless I am laying down or sitting the weight of the garment plus the urine it has absorbed means I change well before it reaches capacity. I also find similar issues at night. A super large capacity product still gets uncomfortable with about the same amount of urine as a lower capacity product. I think that the bigger (more capacity-greater cost) is better argument isn't always the best way to make a buying decision.

There are probably people for whom the large capacity briefs work best. I would guess that those who have sudden and complete voids may find the high capacity briefs better. Those of us whose needs are different should figure out what product works best and is most cost effective to manage our needs.

Well, its time for another cup of coffee-yes my Urologist has told me that reducing my coffee intake will help. My wife has noted that when my coffee intake decreases so does my mood. I don't live with my Urologist.

I absolutely agree. Except for when I am sleeping at night, I always change every four hours or after the equivalent of three to four complete wettings in order to avoid this very thing. Otherwise the risk of a leak in the legs due to diaper-sag is too great.

Post subject: Re: Comfidry 24/7
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:41 pm 

I honestly haven't noticed any difference, but I am looking to switch from these for other reasons. As recently as last month, XP still had them listed in the auto-renewal program.

Marcus Aurelius