www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:00 pm 

So it’s been awhile since I posted. I had the discussion with my urologist about doing a suprapubic catheter and she (as well as my mom and a few friends) think it would be a good idea. I would use a flip flow valve during the day and a bed bag at night. I’ve joined a group on Facebook for SPC users. It would save me loads of money a month and get me out of diapers. I’m currently getting 2 cases of crinklz a month because that’s the only thing that’s absorbent enough for my large voids. I’ve tried the betterdry and they just aren’t the same. Even though people say they are I just haven’t found that to be the case. Plus it’s hard to get the xl on a regular basis because ll medico is the only one that carries them in the US and they are often out.

I have to have an ultrasound on Tuesday to see how my kidneys are and then I should be able to schedule the procedure.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous as hell.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:26 pm 

Your post reads as though you are between a rock and a hard place. Good luck and keep us informed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:42 pm 

Patrick - I am. The embarrassment of wearing crinklz is enough that I’m willing to go through with the procedure. I’ve even tried MegaMax. Many times. And the fit with those just isn’t right. Even they leak on me after one wetting. I wish I could get over the embarrassment but I’m scared of winding up in the hospital again and having people see me. I’ll be putting my hopefully last order of crinklz in on the 3rd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:03 pm 

www.northshorecare.com they carry them and are very good at having plenty in stock i to have found them better than most also as for the spc they tried that in me and was not fun 2 weeks after they put the darn thing in i got infection that would not go away needless to say the darn thing got took out and just went on with diapers heck i was in them anyway cause of #2 anyway

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:38 pm 

Matt - Northshore doesn’t carry xl in betterdry