www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:48 am 

I know that everyone is looking forward to having the lockdown orders slowly eased up.
My business travels will resume. I have a good routine for changing in a public bathroom. I am in and out within 5-10 min.
Are people worried about changing in a tight stall and who knows if the person before was sick, coughing or had Covid?
So are people going to try and change less often in public?
I change every 6-8hrs and I don't know if I should increase my protection so that I am changing less often when I am traveling.
I think this line of thought is consistent with what realworldic posted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:02 pm 

fiacs wrote:
I know that everyone is looking forward to having the lockdown orders slowly eased up.
My business travels will resume. I have a good routine for changing in a public bathroom. I am in and out within 5-10 min.
Are people worried about changing in a tight stall and who knows if the person before was sick, coughing or had Covid?
So are people going to try and change less often in public?
I change every 6-8hrs and I don't know if I should increase my protection so that I am changing less often when I am traveling.
I think this line of thought is consistent with what realworldic posted

As I shared, I try to reduce my time in public restrooms as much as possible, however, you gotta do what you gotta do! Changes in public restrooms are pretty much a must for me when I'm working, I think I will pay more attention to the walls and doors. I have been carrying the single-use Purell and loving them I will certainly keep more of that on myself at all times... Luckily I still have a decent supply of that!

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:57 pm 

Yes; the virus does not linger long in the air. If coughed or sneezed out, the droplets fall to the floor quickly. This is why we are asked to keep at least 2m or 6ft distance from people we do not live with. Even if your clothes or diaper touch a surface that may be infected, wash your hands before you leave and in between touching the affected item and touching your face. The virus survives on hard surfaces for up to four days so if there have been no cases in the area for that length of time, the surfaces will likely be safe.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:06 pm 

HumanFly wrote:
Yes; the virus does not linger long in the air. If coughed or sneezed out, the droplets fall to the floor quickly. This is why we are asked to keep at least 2m or 6ft distance from people we do not live with. Even if your clothes or diaper touch a surface that may be infected, wash your hands before you leave and in between touching the affected item and touching your face. The virus survives on hard surfaces for up to four days so if there have been no cases in the area for that length of time, the surfaces will likely be safe.

There is a Japanese study that demonstrates that micro-droplets form and remain suspended in the air for a significant amount of time.

https://petapixel.com/2020/04/03/scient ... mit-virus/

As far as clothing brushing against surfaces, best course of action is to strip once home, wash clothes and change/shower (if that seems needed).

I had to run a number of errands today and I wore enough protection to not have to deal with public restrooms. I suppose its a perk of OAB in these times.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:50 pm 

I am used to a significant amount of international travel for my job. It appears to have come to an end until at least summer 2021. Quite simply put, I do not expect normal interactions to happen again until a vaccination has been developed, proven and distributed world-wide for at least 6 months. As a skeptic, I do not expect that to be available in my country until the regime has changed next February.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:25 pm 

Because my leakage is petty much a continual dribble, changing when I'm out and about is not optional. I try to arrange my schedule so as to be close to a handicapped restroom which has been clean in the past. However, I agree with WetDad that my former freedom will depend on the widespread use of an appropriate vaccine. Until then, staying home, with the assurance of my bathroom nearby, has been less stressful for me than traveling away from home.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:52 pm 

Most public washrooms are closed in my town,I resort to extra absorbant diapers that last for a few hours until I can arrive home. I work independantly out doors around no people.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:49 pm 

From feeling not only the public bathrooms are a problem. Traveling has become meanwhile a real pain the ass. Also our company went also back to "new normal" what mean that I have to travel as usual. Before Covid I was lucky enough to have the possibility to fligh to the majority of the domestic destinations. But for now there are simply no domestic flights available what mean that I can choose between train and car... And even if there would be domestic flights available again, I'm not that sure what to do. I mean - they told us, that at last planes have HEPA filters - what is true - but don't ask for the filtering parameters... They normally can absorb particle up to 10 µ how ever - the corona virus measures only 3µ ... Trains have even poor filter and I believe into what the Japanese found out because this is also in line with the German results.

This means for me the only more or less secure alternativ (in terms of Covid) is to travel by car (what is by the way also recommended by our inner company traveling security guidelines). This extends my traveling times often from a couple of hours to a complete business day :-( There are a couple of motorway service stations that offer a hight quality sanitary service but there are also a lot of poor ones where I don't have a good feeling. This makes the traveling preparation even more complicated and not in every case you know beforehand what you will find on the way. To be honest - this is a pretty annoying situation. The home-office time was nice - but now - even with less traveling then before things tend to turn into a nightmare. I really hope that a solution will be found fast...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:38 am 

Haven’t needed to as of yet as Im not out of the apt that long but that will change in a few weeks now that we are getting back to work slowly as most of our clients restricted office access.