www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:54 pm 

After being dry for 1 1/2 years,
the stress of being alone and indoors for more than a month with very little social contact got to me.
I have slowly deteriorated mentally. This resulting in me getting back into diapers.
Since I last had a prescription for diapers, my GP has quit, I got a new one, and now he is on leave.
I don't trust that the one I can go to now will understand my situation.
I got an appointment next week, and for now it is improvisation with oold flannel bedlinen and towels.
It's a luck that I still had my old PUL pants.
I talked to my psychologist on the phone, and we agree that the isolation triggers old traumas, so the return of the diapers is not really a surprise.
The really bad news is that we are told to keep social distancing for almost up to two years.

Just letting out some steam.

Thank you for running this forum.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:09 pm 

I hope your make-do diapers will meet your needs until the social distancing measures are no longer necessary. From what I have read and seen on TV, because the virus is affecting our country spottily, with outbreaks at odd places, social distancing, when it is eventually lifted, seems likely to be spotty as well. I hope you live in an area where social distancing can be safely lifted soon. Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:22 am 

Optimist: take comfort in knowing members of this group are here for you. You already had a membership here, making your return visit so much more convenient, but always welcoming.

We wish you well as we all are navigating new territory in an upset society.

J.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:17 am 

I haven’t heard the social distancing for up to 2 years. Can you order diapers from northshore or something? Their shipping is still pretty fast.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:37 pm 

We do not have companies like North shore here.
I went to the pharmacy to buy at least one packet of diapers, and they were suspicious of me. Here everybody with a legal need for diapers go to the gp to get them. Only the fetish people buy them themselves.
Also there was only one pharmacy that had decent diapers in stock, and this is a city with 700000 inhabitants.
I am not sure if my current gp will understand my situation, so until Wednesday I have to make most of my diapers myself.
I cross both fingers and toes as I wait.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:07 pm 

In order to make my daytime diapers last as long as possible, during the day I go to the toilet every hour. This does not eliminate the need for protection, and it can be a hassle, but it works.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:54 pm 

Optimist - I didn’t realize you were in Europe, sorry. I hope your new gp is understanding. I would think they could see in your records that your old gp had prescribed you diapers and would give you a script. But I may not understand how things work there. Good luck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:14 am 

I feel your pain; it is really difficult to cope with.
I just started therapy for unresolved PTSD and other mental health issues in addition to coping with my physical disabilities. Had to disclose those details over telehealth was difficult but it was my option since the therapist and I are just starting out. Likewise the isolation and anxiety being around my family son much has been difficult. I’m starting a day mental program just to ensure I don’t fully lose my mind, because it’s going there.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:44 am 

Stuck at home for almost 2 months now. With no end in sight. I don't often get out of the house anyway. I'm certainly in a at risk category. Now some days I don't even get out of bed. My husband came in to re position Me. And asked if I would rather be transfered to My chair. And I was like yes please. Sweat pants and a computer . Spending a lot of time on the internet. My husband is working from home mostly. As well as spending a lot of His time caring for Me. My home health caregivers are not coming a lot of days now. I normally have a physical therapist a couple times a week to do range of motion for Me. But thats not happening for now. Another day in quarantine. Hope everybody is doing well. God bless.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:53 am 

I have one aide who comes monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My Tuesday and Thursday doesn’t come anymore. I see no one else. Except my cat. My incontinence isn’t any worse or better. I’ve got damaged nerves and a paralyzed bladder so it pretty much always sucks. It’s been over a month here in quarantine. I’ve been house bound a lot since my accident so I’m pretty used to staying inside.