www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:25 pm 

I had a leak last night with my supremes and booster. It wasn’t huge and my pul pants contained it but still annoying. Is it possible to double up on booster pads? I’m wondering if this would help.
As an amputee I do a lot of moving around on my knees/getting up and off the bed using my good leg and generally moving more which I think contributes to leaks. If that makes sense.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:52 pm 

if you double up on boosters be sure to keep them below the top the inner leg guards and do not use ones that unfold out over the guards or they will cause leaks that is what i am fighting right now i am haveing some very watery #2 i am talking 99% water and 1% solids watery and needing something to pad up back there also but not leak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:59 pm 

justej:
While regular boosters wick fairly fast and do allow excess to go through, I would highly recommend trying to use a cotton booster pad. Kind of a hybrid combo with the cotton booster and premium disposable, all covered with a PUL pant of course. You can use folded WalMart Flower Sack Towels (10 for less than $10) as very affordable, and available, boosters. I've been using this combo for several years and it has virtually eliminated leaks due to the super acquisition rate of the cotton booster pads. In the morning it's really easy to just rinse out the soaked cotton booster pad and hang to dry. Then of course into the normal laundry.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:45 pm 

based on my experience and recent testing it is possible to double up as long as the bulk of the boosters do not exceed the length of the standing leak guards, also the boosters that don't have adhesive tend to move around in the brief with movement so I found that that can lead to leaks as well.

lastly, one big lesson we learned in the recent testing of boosters, a boosters capability is only as good as the quality of the main absorbent product used.

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:21 pm 

I just experimented today with a NS supreme and two boosters- I only used two briefs from 7 am to 4:45 pm which was mind blowing, no leaks but it was seriously weighty. I did some proper fluffing and also folded the brief with the boosters in them to create a channel which seemed to help a lot. I am going to be trying this again as theoretically if I have the potential to save both time and money this could work.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:43 pm 

I normally only use a single booster pad but have doubled up overnight or on long flights. A NS supreme with two booster pads is great when you are sedentary but gets pretty uncomfortable if you have to move about for any length of time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:23 am 

I am curious if anyone removes and discards the booster periodically without changing the brief.

One method I have found useful is to add a male guard to my brief. Periodically, I will remove and discard the guard. Unlike a normal boosters the guards don't wick moisture through to the brief and they don't have much capacity. It isn't a perfect system but seems to extend the time between changes and reduces the amount my briefs sag. One key to making this work is that the brief must be well fitted and relative snug.

This method works pretty well when I am moderately active. It hasn't worked as well for long trips or longer periods of sitting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:50 pm 

happilyretired2:
I do this a lot, but especially when I'm not sure how long I will be out and about. I then keep one or two in the pockets of my cargo pants. After a wetting or two I simply go into a restroom and change out the pad. Super quick and easy to do, in fact I've done this once in a parking lot when nobody was nearby. :o