www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:47 pm 

I’m totally frustrated with everything right now, on top of this whole corona virus thing and not being able to find certain things in stores. My recent order of Sposie booster pads from Amazon was shipped in the original bright and colorful package, that had a very clear description of what they were (The toddler sized booster pads are the perfect size to place across the front of the diaper to prevent leaks, that’s why I use them) And to make matters worse, they were shipped to my moms house, and my little brother saw them. For the longest time only my mom had known about my situation, but now I guess more of the family knows. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, I’m just so frustrated with everything and I wish that I didn’t have to deal with this anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:52 pm 

The ability to vent is one of things I like about this site. This brought back the memory of getting depends flex fit from the VA. the box is shipped with all marking still there. The UPS driver misread the address and delivered them to my neighbors house. Did I mention I work in the same area as him? Nothing was said, they were out of town, but his niece had called him and asked what to do with it before I got the text from him. After that text, I had wished it had been porch pirates instead.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:46 am 

Tallandbald, the next time you order from Amazon, pay close attention to where the product is being shipped from. If shipped directly from an Amazon warehouse, Amazon will put the original box inside another cardboard box that always is discreet. However, if it is being shipped directly from a supplier, there is no guarantee. :(

-John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:59 am 

JDinVirginia wrote:
Tallandbald, the next time you order from Amazon, pay close attention to where the product is being shipped from. If shipped directly from an Amazon warehouse, Amazon will put the original box inside another cardboard box that always is discreet. However, if it is being shipped directly from a supplier, there is no guarantee. :(

-John
(double incontinent)

Unfortunately I was in such a hurry to buy extra for this whole virus thing, that I neglected to look at that, lesson learned I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:05 pm 

I have stopped ordering from Amazon. They will not hire someone of my age, so they have lost much of my business.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:01 pm 

tallanbald
are you able to order from northshore if you have a few min to look see what they have i would do so i do want to think they have the boosters in the size you are looking for and they will ship in plain box for you i use these guys and they are great to deal with

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:39 pm 

mattwp wrote:
tallanbald
are you able to order from northshore if you have a few min to look see what they have i would do so i do want to think they have the boosters in the size you are looking for and they will ship in plain box for you i use these guys and they are great to deal with

I actually do buy most of my supplies from NorthShore, but for some reason I was under the impression that their smallest booster was a size small , which is too long to be placed across the front of the diapers that I use. Although I did just re check their website, and they do indeed have one that is smaller, I guess that I’ll be ordering those in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:26 am 

I've used the extra small Northshore boosters with great success. The best thing about them is they are small enough to fit between the leak guards of even inexpensive diapers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:18 am 

Let me second what Padded said about NorthShore small booster pads.

Select your booster sizes carefully. If you purchase a booster that is too long, the rear of the booster may not be used and that absorbency is wasted.

--John
(double incontinent)