www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:07 pm 

I’m currently strictly Northshore supremes in xl with a booster pad. Day and night. When I’m unable to wear my prosthetic leg (like now. I have an infection) I get around on my knees and use my arms/good leg to hurl myself up onto the bed/into a chair or into my wheelchair and this puts a lot of wear on my diaper. I’ve found with a booster the supremes hold up just fine. I’ve been through hell and back trying to figure out something that works and I’m grateful to have found something

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:04 pm 

Betterdry in XL with a booster pad (night) or without a booster pad (day). I'm in between sizes L and XL but I feel more comfortable in XL, especially with a booster pad.

Unfortunately, I can't use Northshore supremes as shipping costs from US to Europe are too high.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:17 pm 

Since when do betterdrys come in an xl? Last I checked they only went up to L. Is this something new?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:53 pm 

justej wrote:
Since when do betterdrys come in an xl? Last I checked they only went up to L. Is this something new?

XL size is quite new, indeed. Maybe this size is not yet available in US. It's a German brand and they are manufactured in Europe as well.

I don't know whether Betterdrys sold in the US come from Europe or are manufactured in the US.

Before they come in an xl, I was wearing another European brand : ID Slips. Unfortunately they stopped making plastic backed diapers. I still buy this brand for my pull-ups (I also like Abena's).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:48 am 

Northshore MegaMax, with a booster pad. For longer periods between changes I layer this with a cloth pullup then plastic pants.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:13 pm 

I just can’t get the MegaMax to work for me. I don’t know if it’s sizing or what but I have had major leaks. I’ve given up on them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:39 pm 

My normal daytime diaper is a Tranquility "Smart Core" (cloth outer cover) or an Abena L4. Depending on the situation I'll add a Guard pad or folded cloth pad to increase the capacity. I do have ComfiDry 24/7's and Better Drys but I only use them when I know it won't be easy to change in a timely manner, like at a sporting event. At night it's a McKesson Ultra with one or two folded cloth pads, a cotton granny panty, and then Leakmaster PUL pants.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:05 pm 

justej
you are not the only one in the mega max boat there i can not get them to come up high enough on me to stop any over the top leaks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:26 pm 

I use the Seni SuperPlus as my normal daytime diaper.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:27 pm 

I have been a loyal northshore care customer since the abena M3 was no longer plastic backed. I use the NS lite with a booster pad during most days and a NS supreme and booster pad at night. I will also wear the NS supreme with no booster during the day. I use the mega max when traveling or nights when the wine has been flowing, which is often lately.