www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:17 am 

not saying this to down northshore but i did call them thurseday and they are saying it is takeing them 3 to 5 days to get things shipped i am guessing do to the amount of orders they are getting or staffing issues having to do the 6 foot between people in the shipping area if anyone from north shore see this please know i love my service from you guys and will stay with you guys come hell or high water threw this damned virus thing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:20 am 

Patrick, thanks for your note about pins at Walmart. Wish me luck!

--John

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:37 am 

If there ever were a time for us to support each other, this is that time. Granted that nobody goes through life unstressed, incontinents face stressors that are not widely understood in society at large. But these stresses are real; our need to support each other is not fictional, and COVID 19 impacts our lives differently than it does others. Stay safe. Keep us informed. Keep the support coming. This will pass, eventually. But it will leave us and our world much changed. Survivors will emerge into a world that will be very different than the one they remember, one that needs to understand our disability differently than it did in the past.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:00 pm 

When I introduced myself, I told you that English was not my mother tongue.
(so I hope you can understand what I'm writing).
I live in Western Europe and we are currently at the heart of the outbreak.
Unfortunately the peak of the epidemic is only coming in the US.
Don't be too anxious (I am anxious and it's hard to live) but don't underestimate the risk.
Most of us are part of at-risk groups so be even more careful than recommended. This is not the time to organize a big party.
If you can work from home, do it. Whatever you were planning to do, cancel it and stay home!

Good luck and God bless you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:36 am 

Re a possible "shortage" of diapers caused by Coronavirus, on 20 March, International Paper CEO Mark Sutton made the reassuring statement that there are “plenty” of diapers in the supply chain, even if they’re not on store shelves." Sutton expressed his hope that once people realize that there are plenty of diapers they will stop panic buying. :D International Paper makes raw materials for diapers.

Of course, the delay in the distribution system remains an unknown.

I will note that a friend has been very complimentary regarding shipments of diapers received from Northshore Care. I am one of their satisfied customers and would recommend to others that they stay with them during these times.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:24 pm 

I just ordered 2 packs of xl Northshore supremes. I’ll report how long it takes to get them. It usually takes 3 days.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:56 pm 

I have always tried to keep two months on hand as a just in case. Even more now, since I may have to make an quick trip to my mom's or dad's place. they are both in their 90s.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:03 am 

I regularly stock enough to get me by for 2 to 3 months at a minimum as I buy 10 cases at a time when on sale as we have the room to store them. I got lucky time wise as I ordered at the end of December and a top up order in February when my supplier announced the discontinuation of my go to diaper.

My Dad now requires diapers 24/7 and Mom normally has me order a couple of cases at a time this time I ordered 6 cases for him and she could not believe I did but understood when I said if theres an issue in shipping (Local pickup discontinued for now) he will have an issue. I dont think there will be a run on diapers like TP its its just the distribution chain that may start to have an issue the fedex driver was mad he had to lug the diapers up to the apt he dropped them by the door and quickly walked away.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:07 am 

never have less than 10 cases on hand for myself for my daytime briefs.
but have not been getting ahead of the nightime brief because I am awaiting the fixed version of the Megamax.
but the daytime version will work ok at night with a booster so no big deal there. probably have about 6-8 months worth on hand
stacked up along 1 basement wall.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:43 am 

Wow, I am surprised to read that some of you have 10 cases of diapers on hand! Now I wonder whether I should have ordered more, but think I will wait a few more days to see how the supply chain is doing.

Is anyone ordering more cloth diapers? Is there any problem getting cloth?

--John
(double incontinent)