www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recent Events
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:09 am 

Has anyone else been a restless sleeper lately? Just about everyday for the past several weeks I wake up thinking it's all a dream and then I check my phone and it's COVID-19 news.. It's surreal.
I keeping thinking of that twilight zone episode, Third from the Sun, that nervous tension in the air.

Post subject: Re: Recent Events
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:11 pm 

I get nervous and I don’t sleep well too. I’ve had several anxiety attacks since this started. It has a bad impact on my wetting pattern.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:10 pm 

The need to wash and change multiple times each day makes the recommended handwashing second nature; I just hope I do it as prescribed. The problem will arrive when I run out of detergent. I understand that folks with anxiety issues who are also incontinent will be extremely stressed by our situation. This may be the time to add, with professional permission, to your dosage. I hope that expressing your frustration and anxiety here will help make it more endurable.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:41 pm 

In my case, it's really hard. I don't know whether I suffer from hypochondria or if it is broader anxiety including worries about my health issues. The world situation is so serious that my anxiety level has significantly increased since it started.
I already had a lot of health anxiety in the past but not at this level. I've changed some of my habits. Before the pandemic, I had no hesitation to use public restrooms (despite my health anxiety) because I was still able to control "a bit" my bladder during the day (pull-ups were enough). It was my selfish pride. Now, I feel safer to wear a thicker diaper and not using public restrooms anymore. At home, I can still use my toilet but during anxiety attacks, I had flooding issues instead of the usual few drops (the same flooding issues I have had every night for a long time).

Patrick, I do hope too that being on this great forum will help me to make this anxiety more endurable. Any tips?

Thanks for reading.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:32 am 

I guess we all have legitimate issues because of COVID 19. My grandfather died of influenza; I grew up listening to tales of that epidemic. I try to keep up on the news, behave appropriately, and keep myself productively occupied. Idleness, even when it is enforced by this virus, opens the door to anxiety.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:10 pm 

I tried to keep up on the news too but it was strengthening my anxiety. Even notifications on my phone have the same effect. I turned off them.

@Jenn: sorry, I'm hogging the floor on your topic. What about you? How do you manage this?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:15 pm 

My work keeps my busy so I have focused on that. I use to swim a few times a week which was a great stress reliever. Unfortunately the last gym in the area where I could swim closed on Saturday so I am SOL now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:28 pm 

I'm sorry for you, Jenn.

I take valerian. It helps a little. However, it's not the same as doing some sports.