www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diaper Failure at Work
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:27 pm 

I've had a not so fun morning at work and need to rant.

I started today with a mega max and about three hours into work I stand up and my bladder releases. Which is normal, but this time the release went straight out of the diaper, down my leg and onto the floor of my office. This is the worst leak I've ever had at work and I'm a little devastated. I got myself cleaned up, changed and now I'm trying to piece together what happened.

I normally wear a full panty over my diaper for support and to reduce noise. Today I tried some new shape-wear I got recently and I think that's what caused the leak. The diaper was no where near ready for a leak when I changed, but I think the extra pressure from the shape-wear just created the perfect condition for a leak.

Lesson learned, don't experiment with new diaper covers at work :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:01 pm 

I could not agree more. The time to experiment with new products and techniques is on weekends, holidays, and other times off when a failure is easily managed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:55 pm 

Hi
I think that if you (I) over compress the disposable, it has trouble absorbing the flooding. Been there.
I use a light compression brief, pantyhose, or like snugness. I tried a snug body briefer a few times and had a similar malfunction (twice). Going up one size helped.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:14 am 

Sorry, you had to deal with this! these are simular moments I wish I also did not have to experience at some point in my life! But eventually, they fade and we learn from them with time the pain does vanish but it takes time to overcome.

two things I would say here,

always experiment at home with new supplies or trying out new things like shapewear...

tighter-fitting products used over diapers do make incontinence products fail sooner! on my youtube channel I experimenting with form-fitting underwear and the underwear did cause leaks in every test! much sooner than using the product alone. if you need to use covers I suggest that they be lose fitting because of what We learned in our testing!

here is the link to our video if you are interested!

https://youtu.be/mB-mhn_hAUM

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:39 am 

been there done that. actually had a NS Supreme Air Brief just split up the middle in the back once at work
and my only clue was starting to feel wet at the leg holes of the Garywear cover. thank god I was wearing that,.
still had to do an emergency change as I can normally get through my shift with one brief. . this has only happened at work a couple times.
no idea why that happens tho. there was leakage on my pants by I wear All black all the time so was no big deal.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:11 pm 

Sorry you had to experience this. Unfortunately, most of us can tell similar stories.

During last holidays, I ran out of diapers. So I bought what I could find nearby. On my way back home, I usually stop at almost all resting areas. So I thought this was not a problem to wear a lower quality diaper. I was wrong. I was stuck in traffic for hours and so I flooded my underwear but also my jeans and my car seat. I had to find a place to stop to do an emergency change. I was not proud at all going into the next available restroom with my bag, soaked to the skin and wearing a saggy diaper. It was sunny outside so everyone could tell what happened.

Lesson learned. Now when I have a long car ride, I wear a quality diaper with a booster pad. But holidays can also not be a good time to experiment new products.

Nice Sunday to everyone on this forum.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:13 pm 

In my case, I work from home so a leak at work would be less devastating but really would still suck as I would have a puddle to clean up .

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:00 pm 

MsErin wrote:
I've had a not so fun morning at work and need to rant.

I started today with a mega max and about three hours into work I stand up and my bladder releases. Which is normal, but this time the release went straight out of the diaper, down my leg and onto the floor of my office. This is the worst leak I've ever had at work and I'm a little devastated. I got myself cleaned up, changed and now I'm trying to piece together what happened.

I normally wear a full panty over my diaper for support and to reduce noise. Today I tried some new shape-wear I got recently and I think that's what caused the leak. The diaper was no where near ready for a leak when I changed, but I think the extra pressure from the shape-wear just created the perfect condition for a leak.

Lesson learned, don't experiment with new diaper covers at work :(

Wow, I cannot describe how much that sucks. It just kills your entire day, and I'm really sorry that happened. What I've learned is that if you experience floods, then compression clothes are very risky. You need that looseness in a diaper for voids to pool before getting absorbed. I have a pretty permanent drip with some floods, so I can get away with a tight diaper cover to conceal some noise and get a better outline.

I usually save my experimental outfits for days full of errands. Worst case, I have a leak at a grocery store and can get home without risking much. Can't do that at the office.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:16 pm 

I’m finally figuring out the cause of most of my leaks is pul pants that are too tight. I ordered 2 from Northshore in a size up from what I’ve always worn hoping that will help. I even leak with the MegaMax. The last couple nights I’ve gone to bed just wearing the MegaMax and haven’t leaked so I gotta figure out what to wear tomorrow to physical therapy so I don’t leak.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:02 pm 

You are not alone, I too have had my share or workplace accidents. As you discovered wearing firm fitting shapewear / pantyhose / body brief can cause a diaper to leak or a decrease in absorbency. I think of diapers like a sponge, if you compress it water will run out of it.

Last edited by Jenn on Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.