www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: bad days
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:29 pm 

MsErin wrote:
I think the colors coming out from northshore are amazing. My go to diaper is the megamax in blue. It greatly tricks my brain into thinking I'm wearing colorful underware again.

Agree there !

For a time, I had some of the Rearz 'Seduction' --black.

Topping that now for me is the dark blue Mega-Max. It hits the sweet spot without going over the top.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:03 pm 

Maybe I should change the subject to "good days": the attends active 9 medium turned out the perfect match for my daytime needs! Super thin and silent! Lasts me four hours in the morning and six in the afternoon and evening and probably had some capacity to spare (I sometimes have a lucky shot going to the toilet). Did totally not expect that!!!! Just received the case that should last the next month.

So, these for daytime, the northshore supreme lites for travelling. Only for night times I think I could find a better match than the tena maxi slips medium. Although I haven't experienced any leaks the last week, apparently I've finally got the taping routine correct, I still not feel comfortable in them.

Funny how I was resenting the idea of tabbed style briefs/diapers and especially plastic backed, only to find out that I prefer these... But hey, you all predicted that already :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:00 pm 

Hi Lady CIO:
Here's a possible solution for improving your nighttime protection and something I've found to work well, especially for travel. I've found adding a small 100% cotton "pad" inside of my nighttime diaper to not only increase the capacity, but to essentially eliminate leaks, even if you are a side sleeper like I am. The acquisition rate of cotton is far beyond the rate of any disposable diaper I've used. Then what is absorbed by the cotton pad is "slowly" transferred to the diaper. The cotton pads I use are so inexpensive that when I'm traveling they are essentially disposable. When at home the soaked pads are easily rinsed out in the sink and then hung to dry or simply held for the regular wash. I will say that I do add a Leakmaster PUL pant over my nighttime protection but I have virtually never even gotten a drop into the outer pant.
BTW... Many here love the comfort of cotton, and the hybrid approach I'm describing here, IMO, takes advantage of the best properties of the cotton pads and disposable diapers.