www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: bad days
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:23 pm 

I regretted reading about the shipping expense in ordering high-capacity US disposables. I hope you will be able to find European brands that work well for you. Your report that you found adequate protection was wonderful to read. Keep us informed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:48 pm 

Nice to hear you’re doing well Lady CIO!
It’s funny as I tried a supreme lite sample in purple this afternoon. Yeah, I agree that it feels great and fits very nicely under jeans but too thin for me without a booster.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:02 pm 

Whoa Ellyn, You tried a PURPLE diaper!? :o All kidding aside I found the Supreme Lites a bit "thin" too. But as you said adding a booster has worked well for me. This combination provides plenty of capacity without the bulk of the Supremes or MegaMax.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:31 am 

You could try Betterdry diapers they are made in Germany and should be available at a more reasonable cost since shipping should be way less expensive.

Betterdry diapers are a bit thicker then the Northshore Lite diapers but after a short time you get use to the slight extra bulk and I trust the diaper to do its job even when I flood. I would like to try the Northshore brand as well but shipping costs make it to expensive hopefully one day Adam will open more disruption points to help reduce over all costs when you need to ship out side of the USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:54 pm 

@RobertH: who is Adam? I think I missed a clue....

Thank you for your advice on BetterDry. For me the Northshore surpreme lights are "heavy" diapers, but it's good to know what else there is, because I still haven't found a reasonably priced good fitting option for daytime (still adjusting the pull-ups). And besides that, it's not unthinkable that my incontinence will worsen in the future. I never thought I'd be wearing tabbed diapers in the first place, so i'd better prepare myself for the most feasible scenario's.

I've just ordered a sample pack attends slip active, to see if the single tabs suit me better. Molicare premium elastic is also one i'd like to try. Any experiences with those? I see on German sites that these come in many options for absorbanc(y 5-10 "drops"), so I hope they have thinner ones that fit. The blue plastic Molicare I've tried before, in small and medium. The smalls were to tight on the lower tabs, and the mediums swamped me, so I'm thinking with single tabs maybe the smalls would be just fine

@Ellyn: who would have thought, grown women wearing purple-with-white-dots diapers and actually being (slightly) enthousiastic. But seriously, so comfortable... and I didn't even feel silly wearing them around my husband when we had little privacy in the small French hotelroom. We ended up sitting on the bed reading and drinking wine in the evening, I was relaxed with the way the looked and felt secure. (also, married to superman, that helps a great deal)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:38 pm 

LadyCIO:
Adam is the owner of Northshore Care Supply. BTW... The colored Northshore Supreme Lites aren't just for women. Before I became incontinent I would usually wear colored underwear, generally black or navy. So when I tried the Northshores (in Blue) I was really surprised how it kind of lifted my spirits. It was great to look in the mirror and for once not see what reminds me of a patient in a large white medical diaper. When my Wife saw me wearing one she called me a "diaper fashionista".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:25 pm 

Hi Lady CIO!
I’m not sure I’d stretch it to enthusiastic but I felt pretty comfortable and less conscious of wearing a “diaper”. They fit quite well and didn’t have typical crease that usually protrudes out in the back. I’d call them trim and fitted, and were virtually undetectable under snug jeans.
Because they are thinner than “all” the others I’ve used, I had to use a booster that didn’t show through the jeans.
The only issue is the combination cost, which exceeds a premium unit cost. But, when you consider the total package of absorption and fitted fit, the lite has a place in my arsenal of products.
Only other negative, which has nothing to do with the quality and fit of the Supreme Lites..... People are used to seeing my “shape”, which is quite a bit different when wearing a thinner disposable. I have a small butt, which appears quit flat (or somewhat rounded in a disposable. Even less rounded in a thinner diaper. People know me as a “curvey” woman with a large bust and well rounded butt, due to cloth diapers, which I normally wear. The difference is quit obvious so I can’t show off a smaller butt around people I know which necessitates a long shirt.
Kinda sucks in that I like the small butt look!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:19 am 

Hi Lady CIO,

did you tried also different pads? I think if you don’t like tapes that much that might be an option too. Pads like the Attends Contours or Molicare Form (all over 6 drops) my work also for you with your bladder capacity. I also using pads over the daytime because I feel much more comfortable with them and I have 310ml bladder capacity at the moment. They are easier to change, let more air to your skin and they are also easier to handle if you make it to the restroom in time some times. I think they are even better then pants (from my point of view) because you don’t need to undress if a new ones is needed. The drawback they have for me is, that they are not that save while sitting or lyinng. This is why I’m using diapers if I’m on the way or at night, but this may be a problem caused by men’s anatomy in general and may not be such a problem for women.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:14 am 

Hi Padded53, I didn't mean to suggest the purple ones are for women, I was referring to the two ladies in this post that both tried them. I sure can relate to what you said about the fact that these feel non-medical:-) a diaper fashionista sounds good, If there is a designer that is willing to listen to us, even better!

@RobertH: would be great if Adam could arrange something, I'm under the impression that these products are very popular in general, so it might be good for business as well

@Michael: I've tried pads, but can't find a good match with underwear. I associate the elastic fix pants that go with them with childbirth (also the sizing again was a problem, i must admit). I ordered some underwear with a special pocket for inserts, but it's just not my thing. I might buy and try other underwear in the future, but I'm reluctant. When I had no incontinence problems I was also very particular about style and fit, and only bought underwear and lingerie from two brands (so it's probably me).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:09 pm 

I think the colors coming out from northshore are amazing. My go to diaper is the megamax in blue. It greatly tricks my brain into thinking I'm wearing colorful underware again.