www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Busy day on the ranch
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:42 am 

I spent yesterday helping my husband trimming tree limbs and removing brush from several areas. Winter is by far the best time to do this work as the weather is actually pleasant (compared to summertime) and no leaves on trees, other than evergreens.
What was promised to be no more than a few hours work ended up being the whole day, though after years of marriage, I’ve learned to anticipate actual time being double or triple his estimate....
Anyway, I had to dress for damp, cool cloudy weather (jeans, sweatshirt, boots, jacket, and work gloves). I also had to go with a disposable as cloth just wasn’t a good choice for this type of work and extended wearing. As it turned out, and as expected 2-3 hours turned into a little over 6 hours. I was exhausted and the disposable was soaked and bunched and ‘very uncomfortable‘ due to the endless walking, pulling, pushing, bending, reaching, etc!! I’m definitely on the small side so I have to push myself to be of any real help. The first thing I did when we returned home was to strip and get a nice long, warm shower, followed by lots of lotion on my bottom and other areas, and a cloth diaper. I honestly looked SO forward to getting cleaned up and into the warmth and security of a soft cloth diaper, which when I though about it, seemed a little weird for some reason. But the reality of it was I felt so much calmer, comfortable, and instantly relaxed. Then reality struck me with supper needing to be prepared and laundry needing to be started, the boys, the dogs, the....
Today, I was back to my normal schedule with a short trip to the office, followed by several client visits, and the grocery store. Still, after yesterday, with the rubbing, chaffing, skin irritation (burning and itching), it feels SO MUCH BETTER to be back in cloth!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:40 am 

haven't tried cloth yet, but can understand looking forward to the hot shower and getting cleaned up after that type of work. Even when I didn't have this problem, just the dirt, bark and everything else that seems to cling to your skin a hot shower was also a welcome site. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:46 am 

You wrote perfectly, for me, the value both of washables and disposables. They have their separate uses, but I'll still go back to washables as my default setting every time. And, yes, after a day of hard physical labor a hot shower is both an indulgence and a necessity.