www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:07 pm 

For the past several years I have purchased premium diapers without needing to worry about the cost. My job and finances have changed so I don't think I can keep on spending money on the top of the line diapers.

Anybody have recommendations for diapers that provide the best value?

thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:48 pm 

I’ve been calculating this out for myself recently. For me right now the Dry 24/7 is looking like the best option price and absorbency wise. XP has them for $1.67 per diaper. That’s within a few cents of any of the premium diapers. Abena 4, North Shore supreme, and Better Dry are all around that price point. Come first of the year I’m going to Dry 24/7 for my main diaper.

Last edited by MsErin on Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:28 pm 

I've had very good luck with the Molicare Premium Super Plus diapers. They are cloth-like backed but I haven't had any leakage/seepage issues with them. The cut is generous, especially in the crotch area, and the leak guards and leg elastics work well too. The diaper feels fairly thin but holds a surprising amount and even when wet it doesn't swell up too much so it's also pretty discrete. They are priced at $1 apiece in case quantity on several sites, CheapChux for one. These are not super premium diapers like BetterDry or ComfiDry 24/7 but they do hold a surprising amount for a diaper at this price point so they might just work well for you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:44 pm 

If you are in the US the Abena M4 and L4 can be purchased for $1.12 to $1.28 each plus tax (with free shipping) from Amazon. Walmart's online store has similar pricing. I have tried the super premium diapers and they do absorb well however, I prefer to change more often to reduce damage to my skin thus a high absorbency diaper really doesn't save me any money.

Walmart also offers store pickup on some orders. This won't always provide the lowest price but it is a great service for those of us who travel. I order ahead and with a 6 day hold window I can pickup my purchase on a flexible schedule. So far, I have not had a problem with this service and I have used it 6 times.

PS: Obviously prices change I quoted prices from December 17, 2019.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:59 pm 

I have to agree with happilyretired2 that the Abena M4/L4 is a lot of bang for the buck. They cost a bit more than the Molicare's I mentioned above but they are quite a bit more absorbent due to being a good bit thicker. The only issue I've experienced with them is that they they will develop an oder after 6 hours of wear. For sure a lot of diaper for the money.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:35 am 

The ConfiiDry 24/7 works great for me and XP Medical has great prices when you buy by the case.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:00 pm 

Over my many years of living and wearing adult diapers one truth rings out over and over.. cheap diapers are never cheap! cheap diapers have to cut out something to be cheap and that usually falls in the performance area. as such that usually requires more changes during the day (and often more leaks). My suggestion is to find a product that manages your incontinence level for a set time goal for me I try to do 8hrs. then try to find the best value per brief I always buy in bulk as this saves the most money.

While there are many products that work for me and my goal of changing every eight hours I find the following products the best price per performance and I will use any of these depending on the current price per brief at the time of purchase.

BetterDry
Northshore Supreme
Dry 24/7

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:21 am 

Premium diapers are getting expensive but diapers are the one line item in our budget that I really try not to cut costs as I would rather cut out a coffee or other item during the day to offset the costs as the feeling of being able to trust my diaper to do its job in any situation is worth the expense of a premium diaper like Betterdry.

I order 10 cases when there is a sale to help keep the overall costs down its still expensive but having tried some less expensive diapers has proven not to be an option as I leak more often then not and my stress level goes up when wearing a diaper I can not trust.

Switching to a cheaper diaper may save 3 to 5 Dollars a day but is it worth it if there is room in your budget when you cut out a Starbucks coffee or other non essential item.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:06 am 

Although their initial expense is steep, washables can last years if managed properly. If you have ready access to a laundry facility, and you can handle that initial expense, washables are much cheaper, are more comfortable, and offer far better leakage protection than even the most expensive disposables.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:52 pm 

Robert H states that he buys in 10 case lots. Has anyone asked about discounts beyond the normal case lot vs single bag discount most vendor provide?