www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:45 am 

MsErin wrote:
Oh, I have an tale of a diaper no no from today; being caught without a diaper change. While I was writing my introduction post today I was waiting for a tire repair. I had a tire explode on me while driving into work today.

Yesterday I forgot my diaper bag at work. I usually don't have to change at work, but I always have it with me just in case. I'm sitting on the interstate waiting for the tow truck and realize I didn't have my diaper bag. I keep a few days worth of diapers in my trunk, but I didn't have anything to put them in and my purse is way too small for a diaper. So I'm starting to freak out because I know I won't have a diaper change while waiting for my car to be fixed. I'm not going to walk around the tire shop with a diaper in my hand for a few hours and no where to concealer it.

My car gets to the shop at 9AM and they don't know how long it will be. They will only tell me how many cars are ahead of me. The hours tick by, my car is just sitting outside, my diaper keeps getting fuller and my anxiety is secretly increasing. I'm so worried I was going to have a leak at the tire shop in front of all these guys that would never understand. Normally at work I will swap out an inserts 2-3 times a day to make a diaper last through the day. I only had the insert I started the day with in my diaper and it wasn't going to be enough.

Finally they finish my care a 2:00 after five hours of waiting. I then rushed home to change. I maybe had 30 minutes left on my diaper :(

Lesson learn. I need a second diaper bag that just lives in my car. That's tonight's project.

Hi! A warm welcome to the forum. My name is Rob. My incontience is not as sever in nature as yours, but it is substantial enough in both volume and frequency to necessitate full on diapers for protection. I know alll too well that feeling of waiting to change and not being able to. Sometimes i can void 16 ounces in one episode. My bladder is an underactive bladder. I don't feel that im full until its really really full and then the floodgates open. I have tried everything I can think of to stay dry, timed toileting, cathing, mediccations, but even after cathing an hour later I have an episode. I have since resinged myself to wearing diapers forever. I find that once you accept this as your new normal, life gets easier,albeit a bit more complicated. Have you tried Confidry?
Have you tried Ecoable cloth diapers? it the reusability of cloth with the convienence of disposable. You also might want to look at Threaded Armor.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:41 am 

Severe operative bladder and urge incontinence runs in my family, although I believe that I’m the first male to have this, and I know that I’m the first to learn of the cause...Tarlov Cysts on my S3 sacral nerve roots. Even with meds I still needed to use pads in my underwear. Not happy with the side effects and unsure of the long term effects of the meds, my wife and I agreed that I should generally avoid them, meaning that diapers were the only reasonable option to manage my incontinence.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:59 am 

Welcome Erin, I too have followed this forum off and on for probably a decade.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:58 am 

Jenn wrote:
Welcome Erin, I too have followed this forum off and on for probably a decade.

Where are my manners? Welcome to you too, Jenn.

This forum is definitely the greatest forum on incontinence issues.