www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:18 pm 

Hi Patrick and all.
I saw my GP today and was prescribed a steroid cream for my skin irritation and the suggestion to use Destin cream when I’m real active. Avoid all powders as they act as an abrasive and increase friction. I also have another bladder infection so more antibiotics and likely yeast infection, which I also now have meds for...
The bladder infection caused my urine to become low pH and probably added to stress on my skin when I flood.
i’m staying in cloth and changing frequently for the duration of all of this.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:37 pm 

I applaud your decision to stay in cloth while you are healing. Don't forget to use a good strong bleach at every laundry load, to avoid re-infection.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:21 pm 

Patrick,
Thank you. All of this is like a worn out recording that I know all of us have been through. I just need to jump through the hoops to get the meds... Over the counter drugs do just so much and for whatever reason doctors don’t seem to trust people with at least half a brain with chronic issues like this with prevention drugs and supplies!! I guess they like to see my smiling face every few months!!
Anyway, I need to make a few lifestyle changes, short term, to stay in cloth for awhile. I use double a lot during the summer and while outside for hours at a time but it’s getting nice outside now so one diaper works well sometimes. Honestly I don’t know why I chose the disposable combo a few days ago when cloth would have worked well.
By the way, for me, heavily bleached (chlorine) diapers tend to irritate my skin. Detergent boosters and normal bleach with Hot water wash works okay for me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:22 am 

I hope your skin continues to heal. As for folks who must deal with long-term chronic conditions needing to see their physicians frequently, yeah, life could be a little easier. My wife is arthritic, and I have a genetic disease. Elon Musk has nothing on us. We simply get in the car, tell it we have a medical appointment, and it takes us there, it is so familiar with the routes to our various physicians. It is even familiar with the occasional seat accident. Keep us informed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:07 am 

Thanks, I needed this post. I'm struggling with this now and the creams aren't making it better. Waiting on an appointment with the doc now.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:46 am 

If you need to use chlorine bleach to disinfect your protection, but it reacts with your skin, you might use a second rinse before putting a load in the dryer.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:16 am 

I used to wear cloth and loved it. I used a mild bleach solution to avoid having to strip the diapers. However, I always used a second rinse. That way I had no irritation from the diapers.

Good luck.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:52 pm 

I have had this happen too. Not bleeding so much as I have had rubbing cause sores on my legs. At the time I was wearing I think Northshore Supreme or Better dry and was sweating a bit due to excercise. For the bad rashes and this welt I STRONGLY recommend Calmoseptine. It soothes on contact and helps with the worst of the worst of rashes. I swear by it. Plus it's cloth friendly :) You can find it in any Walgreens or mom and pop pharmacy that sells medical type supplies.

Peace out and feel better soon!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:46 am 

I notice this most often when I have to walk a lot (at work, shopping, racing to opposite end of an airport to catch a flight, etc..) and often felt one of the bottom tapes dig into my thigh when I sit. It's never turned into anything more than a minor annoyance that was resolved with a quick trip to the restroom for an adjustment.