www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dealing with the VA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:15 am 

Hopefully, this will get you what you need.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:13 pm 

batman381327 wrote:
Hopefully, this will get you what you need.

I hope so! I've found that having a consistent point of contact can make a world of difference, so fingers crossed that this works!

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:13 pm 

Update:

So I met with the Patient Advocate and they seem to suggest that the pharmacy can't fill brand specific diapers. I just get whatever they have in the warehouse. I will message the doctor and ask for a brand specific script and then go back to the Advocate and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, I'll be stuck with craptastic garbage and buying on my own.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:40 am 

I had my doctor write a specific prescription, the pharmacy and advocate said they would only do formulary items and only one case a month. I tried their brand and it was suppose to be their most absorbent. It was less then Adequate luckily I was not far from home however,it was still a mess. With that being said has any one else had a similar experience.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:01 am 

itjustleaks wrote:
I had my doctor write a specific prescription, the pharmacy and advocate said they would only do formulary items and only one case a month. I tried their brand and it was suppose to be their most absorbent. It was less then Adequate luckily I was not far from home however,it was still a mess. With that being said has any one else had a similar experience.

The pharmacy used to provide the ConfiDry 24/7 brand and suddenly stopped. Then I used their Abena, which I hated but were manageable. Now I can't even get that. The brands they have are basically cotton balls wrapped in plastic that hold thumbnails of pee before ripping and flooding. Ugh, it's a mess but the patient advocate was no help. I wish I had answers for you, but I don't have them for myself either.

Marcus Aurelius