www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:03 am 

A while back I was asking for recommendations for a cool cloth-backed diaper for use in Florida's summer heat and humidity. To this end I purchased Molicare's "Slip-Super Plus" (size large) all-cloth diaper and wanted to let everyone know how they have performed after using nearly the entire case of 90. Note that these did not have the apparently newer "Premium" name on the package but they seem to be identical in performance and appearance (per RealworldIC's tests) so it's believed that the "Premium" name was added for marketing purposes only and is, in fact, the exact same diaper.

Performance wise these diapers have really surprised me as they seemed very thin out of the package. However they handle at least three full wettings for me (probably about 800mL) so that works well for me as a regular daytime diaper. When getting full they do droop and clump a little bit but I haven't had any leaks and they don't swell up hugely so they stay quite discreet, no complaints there. I did try adding a Northshore size small booster and it did add to the capacity and seemed to eliminate the clumping to a large extent. One feature I really liked was the very generous width in the crotch. Due to this the boosters didn't interfere with the leak guards at all. The width also allowed the diaper to maintain a nice V-Shape and easily accommodated my "anatomy" with a bit of room to spare, making them very comfortable to wear for an extended period.

They seem to run just a little bit small in the waist. Even though the minimum size (47) was larger than my waist (44) they were perfect for me. As expected there was quite a bit of overlap on the sides but surprisedly the tapes fell perfectly at the front sides, right where I like them. They are also a bit "tall" but again not a significant issue and something I like. I have found them to be very comfortable to wear temperature/sweat wise, even in the extreme temps & humidity here, obviously due to the all cloth backing. Bottom line is that I'll order more ($59 for 90 at Amazon) as they are working very well for me, especially with the boosters.

Hopefully this will help others looking for a cool summer diaper.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:37 pm 

I am glad to hear these worked for you! I also cannot tell the difference between the "premium" Super plus and Super plus and think it is a change in marketing! I use these very often and the two brandings seem to sell at the same price and perform the same.

for many, the price per brief is fantastic! as of this writing, the price per brief in the case is for size medium as low as $0.67 us!

I have a few links if you wish!

https://www.realworldincon.com/moderate-incontinence

I try not to push my links to much but using them really help's me continue to make the reviews, I promise not to hound you too much on that front!

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:17 pm 

RWIC... Thanks for the back-up on this one
I forgot to mention that this diaper is probably the most comfortable and the best fitting of any I've ever worn. Obviously this is a very personal thing that may not work for others but for me it's perfect. It fits me exactly like it looks in the advertising shots! I also forgot to mention that the wicking is very, very good, and possibly the reason that they seem to have such good capacity for such an apparently "thin" diaper. As for a wet external feel I haven't noticed that. I have seen this with other cloth backed diapers and I know what you are talking about, but with the Molicare I haven't noticed that. It may be because I wear a 100% cotton granny panty over it so it's possible that the panty wicks away any external moisture and keeps the diaper feeling dry inside and out with out making things much, if any, hotter. The price per diaper is great and the bottom line is that this is the best "summer diaper" I've ever found, and I hope it works as well for others as it has for me.