www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:44 pm 

Thank you all for the helpful information and recommendations! I tried taking an old hand towel folded into thirds and fanned out at the front and back. Surprisingly it stayed in place and the Abena M4 didn’t bunch at all while I was outside nearly all day. The diaper was soaked by the time I went in, partially from perspiration, but no bunching!
Thank you for that helpful tip!
I have tried the “premium” cloth backed diapers but have had a lot of trouble with tapes (Velcro) failing. With plastic backed, If I’m going to be much more active than usual, I often take a piece of packing tape and go over the tapes. This defeats the refastening option but I very seldom refasten anyway. The cloth backed versions do seem to be more comfortable, but the fasteners always concern me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:45 pm 

i have trouble more so with leaks with cloth backed diapers to the point regular undies seem better fit to wear far less heat build up and far cooler than diapers in general

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:09 pm 

I'm in a wheelchair. And I can't move My body really. I have intermitent feeling down there. So bunching is not much of a problem. In this heat its important to use a quality brief or booster or both. Something to wick the urine away from the skin. I use the overnight style briefs & booster pads anymore if I leave the house. I can get away with not needing to be changed for 4-5 hours even unless I have a bowel accident.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:39 pm 

I've noticed it really depends on many things. For me, Tena Slip works fine and does not break down or bunch badly, even though I am in the summer heat of Eastern Europe at the moment. I've heard that the Tena brand in US is of inferior quality comparet to the European make, though. In my use, for some reason, pull-ups clump worse than slips. It may be a matter of individual differences in body size, levels of activity, type of work (sedentary vs. physical - I work in an office currently) etc. I've also noticed that the softer the padding, the worse it breaks down: the mass is probably fluffier than in more tightly packed and dense diapers and when exposed to heat, moisture and movement the pad breaks into uncomfortable and nasty balls. Another contributing factor is the underwear covering the diaper. Even though some prefer to wear just the diaper underneath the clothes, a snugly fitting pair of underwear helsp to keep the diaper better intact, probably as it has less room to move about and have friction and stress directed to it from pressure and body movement.

However, the brief or pull-up choice is very brand dependent: AMD slip was light and relatively cool, but broke down very quickly. I walk a lot, both about the town and in rough terrain, so this might contribute to the bundling and breaking. So, if opting for a lighter/cooler protection on better bladder days I would choose a molicare or tena pull-up over AMD slip.

I'm happy to hear you found a workaround that helped to keep the bunching at bay. :)

-Ü.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:17 pm 

I’ve been having great luck with the Prevail extended use briefs. I’m a pretty active guy and while these probably aren’t the heaviest absorbing diaper, it does hold up very well to an active person. It’s probably a moderate/heavy absorber, not to the extent of a 24/7 or abena L4 but still very good.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:12 am 

I am very active and live in hot humid Florida, the best products that l have found that work best for my incontinence and not break down quickly are Northshore supreme, Northshore Megamax, Dry 24/7, Betterdry and Rearz Inspire plus but based on cost per brief the NS supreme, Dry 24/7 and Betterdry are my usual products. One thing I use every day that I think really helps is a onesie or bodysuit (it should not be very tight) but does help to hold the products together and prevent any accidental showings.

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:21 pm 

Like realworldic, I have been a fan of dry 24/7 and betterdry. Once I started wearing megamax, I am absolutely impressed. The padding appears woven and it has never broken down or bunched. The dry 24/7 and betterdry have broken down with extended wear.