www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:01 pm 

Hey there!

Last week I went to an amusement park with my family. Although I came prepared and wore the tena flex super (i usually wear these at night) and brought two spares with me, because it would be a long trip/day. I wasn't expecting to be needing them both. I did.....

Apparently rollar coasters and other "bumpy rides" make my bladder spasm. Never knew that, but it seems logical. But it was an awkward sensation none the less. Anyone else have this experience?

I was just glad that I had enough spare diapers with me, there was no stress and not much cramping, the bladder spasms didn't really hurt. They usually do. So, we had a fun day out and I learned something (so happy that this time learning something didn't involve embarrassing situations).

Relieved happy greetings!
Lady CIO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:29 pm 
Admin

I'm glad that you had a great time with your family and didn't have any problems. :D

Its a lot less stressful to know that if/when we need them, that we have some spare diapers.
I keep a small bag with me in my car with 3 Betterdry diapers in it. Just in case.
Its unfortunate that we have to have them in the first place, but at least we can try to make the best of the situation and have fun with the family. :D

schoppy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:43 pm 

Glad to hear you had fun. The bladder spasms get me all the time on these Oklahoma roads. So I have an over supply stashed away in my truck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:57 am 

Yes - I was just thinking about this! I never had daytime accidents before I had my stroke a few years ago, but about 20 years ago I was riding with a friend of mine in his truck. He decided that we should take a ride on "Tickle Hill" (a section on a local road where there's a substantial dip). Luckily my bladder wasn't very full, and the truck upholstery wasn't fabric. When we got to my house, he pulled into the driveway and waited while I went inside, retrieved some cleaning supplies and wiped down the seat. We said our goodbyes and I went inside and cleaned myself up. He's still laughing about it. Glad you had some great family time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:33 am 
Admin

My family and I live in Florida and frequent the theme parks here. We usually get annual passes to Disney World or Universal studios. We currently have universal passes. When we go to the parks, it’s usually for a few days. I bring two packages of Abena M-4’s with me to keep in my hotel room. I have a backpack that I carry into the parks. We spend all day there. Usually getting there about the time it opens and staying until it closes. Makes for long days. I prepare for the worst. In the Florida heat, diapers break down with sweat. I always take extra. I take around 6 diapers with me into the parks plus the one I’m wearing. I’m bladder and bowel incontinent so my experience may be different from others if your incontinence is light. I’ve been to Disney World probably around 50 times staying for several days each time. I’ve only ever had one issue with security and my diapers. Yes it was embarrassing but Disney rectified it. A security guard pulled all my diapers out of my backpack and laid them on a table for other guests to see. So, yea, slightly embarrassing. I’ll tell you Disney World has an outstanding surveillance system. You can’t get away with anything. I called Disney several days after arriving home and was connected to Disney Security Manager. All I had to do was tell them what day. It took them 5 minutes. They were able to go to the park videos and isolate the time. They could see me coming through the gates and even told me what I was wearing. They saw the whole transaction and identified the security guard. They had a little chat with him and changed their policy to not pull anything out of guests bags. I’ve never seen any security cameras at Disney World. But they have facial recognition and I’ve seen them find lost children in under 5 minutes amongst hundreds of people. Pretty impressive. Universal has the same. They use xrays scanners coming in like airports do and scan your bag. They don’t manually search. They will wand you as well. I got a cardiac implant device last summer and haven’t been to a park since then so I’ll have to go through a wand. But anyway, backpacks generally aren’t a problem. Last time I went to Disney it was a manual search though through your bag. If it zips or buttons, it has to be opened. Just a heads up.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:16 pm 

In amusement parks, either locally or at Disney, I avoid all the rides that could trigger a bladder spasm, which means that I take a book or two in my gym/diaper bag while my family go on the more vigorous rides. I have gotten quizzical looks from the employees, but nothing more.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:40 am 

@ Lady CIO:

[quote="Lady CIO"]

Apparently rollar coasters and other "bumpy rides" make my bladder spasm. Never knew that, but it seems logical. But it was an awkward sensation none the less. Anyone else have this experience?

----------------------------

Interestingly, my college girlfriend would have those spasms at times if she experienced unusual movements or activity. She had childhood polio which was the cause of her bladder issues and there could be some major 'malfunctions' at times, even on a fast downward elevator ride. He spasms were just something unexpected, not painful, thankfully. More 'awkward' as you say. This also happened to her a few times when riding on the back of my old Harley, but she learned to prepare for that !

John.