www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:39 pm 

I fly enough that I consider myself a seasoned traveler. One of my habits is to change into a new diaper before boarding the plane because I have been unlucky enough to be stuck on the tarmac for several hours. This was the last time that I boarded a plane with a moderately used diaper. Changing in public does not worry me; however, it is very awkward to change a diaper on a domestic flight.

Several weeks ago I changed into a new diaper for a several hour long flight. Maybe something in the breakfast upset my stomach because I felt bloated shortly afterwards. I get in my seat and I felt my stomach grumbling. People are boarding and I get worried that I am getting diarrhea and its gonna be urgent.

In situations such as this I am glad that I have a diaper on as a backup. I wasn't nervous about not being able to use the bathroom or not making it to the bathroom. I stayed calm and the urgency subsided and I was able to wait until I reached my destination.

One win for wearing a diaper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:52 am 

Sometimes being back in diapers has its benefits, and peace of mind that you are protected for all unexpected bladder or bowel issues is one of them. Glad you made it through the flight with out an issue.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:24 am 

I was urgently walking home after work, and I couldn't even get my diaper off in time to use the toilet.

At least I was able to take a shower right away. Detachable shower heads save lives, folks. Don't know what I would have done if this happened at work.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:29 pm 

I remember one time I was absolutely thrilled to be wearing a diaper. I had just entered a store and had a sudden severe bout of diarrhea, I couldn't even make it to the back of the store where the bathrooms were. Mortified I turned right around and hurried back to my car and put the pad I keep in my car on the seat and made the thirty minute drive back home to clean up. Fortunately I didn't have a leak in the car but I can't image what I would have done if I hadn't been protected. Score one big one for wearing diapers!