www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:29 am 

Ok, for those of you who became incontinent to the point of having to wear 24/7 and with no end i sight.. What do you do with your unused regular underwear you wore before you had to start wearing adult diapers? I have all my hanes sitting in a bag in my storage room just taking up space. I only wear them if i am wearing an external collection device.. but every one I have tried failed miserably. So, can I donate them to goodwill? do they accept underwear that is not in sealed packaging? The underwear will have been washed before donation. Any ideas on where to donate underwear that's sitting around that I have no practical use for?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:29 pm 

Once I had to start wearing 24/7 I kept six pairs of nearly new underwear and threw out all the rest. I guess at this point since I'm pretty sure I'll be in diapers from here on out there's really no point in even keeping those, heck they probably don't fit me anymore anyway. In the rare circumstance that I feel I need to wear "regular looking" underwear I use a pair of the striped Tena Mens pull-ups with a booster pad. As for donating underwear our local Goodwill will only take them if they are new in sealed packages.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:49 pm 

I wear my boxer briefs over my diapers during the day. I use to wear plastic pants but they get hot. I also feel that the boxer briefs help conceal the diapers better especially because I wear the premium diapers all the time.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:45 am 

I kept a few pairs, but turned the rest into rags.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:25 am 

We ended up donating all my underwear a few years ago we called and asked and as long as they are clean and look newish they accepted them with no problems. for years we just left them in my underwear drawer but oneday we needed some room and made the call.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:28 am 

My old briefs became wash rags, shoe polish cloths, car polish cloths, and dust rags. Same with ratty diapers.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:06 am 

in my case they just got bumped back a couple layers.
black tank onesie over black Boxer briefs over black garywear over a premium diaper and while home I ditch the garywear.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:57 am 

I put a pair of briefs on top of my disposable, and then a waterproof pant. Gerber active wear Pul pant. The brief help if my diaper leaks, so I have no wet spots on my pants. It's kept inside the waterproof pant.
Tights, which I wore before becoming incontinent, were mostly thrown out. Only those which are thin enough, and can fit on top of my diaper setup have I kept. They can help reduce chafing when wearing a regular onesie, which supports my diaper. But lately I have switched to romber style onesie.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:53 am 

I kept 3 pairs of underpants and got rid of the rest. I am not even sure why I keep those as my diapers have been my only underpants for over 11 years now

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:56 pm 

Hi All

Great for applying polish, wax, wood stain, dusting rags etc depending on the sort can also wrap them around a broom for cleaning!

Lots of private clothing collectors have skips and store mountains of textiles for recycling with a set amount £/$ per tonne going to charity otherwise drop them into a charity shop for them to gain the full benefit!

Was a sad day for me but that is all part of what we have to deal with!

Greenbank