www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:23 pm 

Maybe I should contact Northshore directly?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:28 pm 

Isn’t there someone here that represents Nortshore?? Maybe I can avoid telling my life history to a random customer service person there?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:50 pm 

Abena L4 or M4's? Don't really know if they still distribute them. One way or another the Northeshore are a more than an adequate replacement.....perhaps a bit better as the they seem to distribute moisture through the whole diaper and can handle floods.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:00 pm 

Ellyn...Just go to their site and ask for samples. They have been very accommodating and willing to answer questions via chat or email for me. So far the exchanges have been positive....no story needed. BTW their Mega briefs are way too much for daytime. The advertised wearing time is 12 hours...Overnight perhaps ok but 12hours in a daytime diaper is totally over the top for me. They will likely send a sample though if you ask.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:02 pm 

Ellyn wrote:
...A Tena pull-up with a super Tena Intimate pad works well for bunching, slimmer fashions, capacity, and such but is terrible for floods, which happens more and more lately. If it’s a slow flow, that system is great!
Maybe a cloth liner in a tab diaper will work well but there’s still the issue of travel. Dealing with wet liners is about the same as simply wearing a cloth diaper...

Actually this is where the small cloth pad is so great. As you well know cloth is incredibly thirsty and will soak up floods and distribute them quickly. Likewise for travel the inexpensive cloth pads work well too. They are only $1 (if that) each and therefore they are essentially disposable, obviously more than a Tena pad but they perform much better. And yes, it does increase the cost by simply throwing them away but it still seems better than a leak. Another good thing is that they are relatively small and you can easily fold one up to carry in your purse on the way to the bathroom. It's also easy to carry quite a few of them on a trip in your suitcase.

Ellyn wrote:
I need a well built, very high capacity, extremely “thirsty” diaper that won’t break down (bunch) when wet. Am I asking too much? It seems to me that most toddler diapers are much more durable than adult diapers... Before my hips got so wide (my teens), I could easily fit in a large toddler diaper. I don’t recall any bunching with them. Tena pull-ups don’t bunch....

The only thing I might suggest there is to try using a baby diaper as a "pad". I've done it before and it worked OK but I have very small floods so your results my well vary. I do know that they will hold a surprising amount but I don't know about their acquisition rate. At least it would be cheap to try it though, just might work.

And finally, I'll second what was said about Northshore's customer service and chat, absolutely first class and easy to work with. And Hey, don't forget to ask Northshore for a sample pack of the colored Supreme Lites. I know you won't believe this but just seeing yourself in something other than yet another white diaper will really lift your spirits a bit, at least it sure did for me.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:08 am 

another vote for the MegaMax. my daytime solution is the Air-Supreme from Northshore or the ID-Slip MAxi.. both mfr by Ontex in Europe.
but for the ability to handle floods and overall capacity the MegaMax cannot be beat.
the MegaMax is the first diaper that I can wear for 8 hours of sleep and not have a leak.
and it is also the first diaper that I almost struggle to get the tapes off when needed, they stick that well.
you need something that can handle the largest needs it is hard to beat the megamax.
getting samples is as easy as a form on the website.
I would suggest getting your usual size and also one size down.
while I use a large in every diaper I have tried the Megamax actually fits me better in the medium size.
. if the Megamax had the wickability of the other 2 I mentioned it would be the only one I ever purchased.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:31 am 

Ellyn wrote:
Isn’t there someone here that represents Nortshore?? Maybe I can avoid telling my life history to a random customer service person there?

Yeah, Adam from northshore is around here from time to time. Search for him and send a private message.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:40 am 

Ellyn wrote:

Ellyn,
You can just go to fill out our sample request form at northshore.com/samples and mention which products yo'd like samples of.

--MegaMax is our best diaper by far at containing leaks for up to 12 hours. It is plastic backed with landing strip for extremely secure tapes so diaper won't slide down as it gets heavy
--For cloth-backed options we have AirSupreme (same absorbency as Supreme, about 8 hours of protection). AirSupreme is actually still our #1 selling diaper...although MegaMax is gaining fast.
--We also have AirPremium which is similar to AirPremium but much less bulky. It's 20% less absorbent but 40% less bulky and a great daytime option for many.
--Perhaps also request both our pullups, GoSupreme and FlexSupreme. They are two very different cuts/fits but both very absorbent and may end the need for a booster...and both now available in LITE form as well.

You can mention in the form that I approved sending all thee samples for you on this forum.

Hoping that we can help out,
Adam

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:36 pm 

Thank you Adam!
I’ll take you up on your offer.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:58 am 

Well, there is the recently introduced North Shore MEGA-MAX disposable...and Adam seems to have come forward with a darned good recommendation.