www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:40 pm 

Ellyn,
I also live in Texas and have very similar issues. I have found the NorthShore Supreme and the new Mega-Max to be fantastic. I used the Mega-Max on flights to and from Ukraine last fall and they are fantastic. The flight over was 9 hours just to Frankfurt and Frankfurt back to Dallas/Fort Worth flight is 11 hours. The Mega-Max are plastic and the Supreme are available in plastic as well. I really struggle with the heat here as well and usually use is the cloth backed Supreme with a PUL waterproof pant over everything. Here is a link to the plastic version of the Supreme diaper: https://www.northshorecare.com/diapers/ ... riefs.html

They will be glad to send you samples of both, just go to the website or call them.
Gary

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:37 am 

Hi Ellyn,

did you tried this ones? https://seni-usa.com/en_US/product/seni-super-quatro-briefs I tried them a couple of time ago and they worked regarding to the absorption speed and and the capacity pretty well. Unfortunately at last for me they didn’t fit very well because there M size is to small for me an the L to big. So it might worth a try.

More over - if you are active - it might be an idea to give belt type diapers like Tena Flex a try. I’m not such a big fan from Tena - how ever the flex diaper are much better then the pants and I did’t had problems with the velcro’s. They are realy comfortable to wear especially if it’s warm outside.

And just one suggestion if it comes to the absorption speed and floating: At last for me I found out, that it is not the best idea to have to much “compression” on a diaper. If the diaper is pressed to hard to the body by a compression slip, it’s more likely that it will leak when having a flooding accident. In this case the distribution of the liquid did’t work that well any more, because it restrict to a very small point of the diaper. More over you will sweat much more. I just wear a normal slip over the diaper (at night even nothing) and this works pretty well for me.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:33 am 

Thank you to all! I really appreciate the wonderful suggestions provided so far!
I have found that I live in a cave, in that I don’t tend to explore options.... With teenagers, a husband, health issues, and a job all demanding my full attention, I have little time for me, much less exploring, but I can see I’m missing a lot. With the heat index here beginning to climb, I struggle to imagine anything better than cloth, but like I said, I’m a cave woman....
PUL pants- I’ve been wearing PUL briefs (v urethane) during the day (urethane at night) but honestly I fail to see where they are any cooler. Again, I wear a light compression brief over it to hold everything in place. Anyone feel the same?
Compression brief- I wear a light compression brief to help with bunching and sagging, as well as noise. Going without the brief, especially when I’m in a skirt, makes me feel quite uncomfortable for several reasons.
I have been checking out Northshore online and will call to talk with a representative later today.
Again, THANK YOU to all who helped pry my eyes open to alternatives!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:22 am 

Ellyn wrote:
Thank you to all! I really appreciate the wonderful suggestions provided so far!
I have found that I live in a cave, in that I don’t tend to explore options.... With teenagers, a husband, health issues, and a job all demanding my full attention, I have little time for me, much less exploring, but I can see I’m missing a lot. With the heat index here beginning to climb, I struggle to imagine anything better than cloth, but like I said, I’m a cave woman....
PUL pants- I’ve been wearing PUL briefs (v urethane) during the day (urethane at night) but honestly I fail to see where they are any cooler. Again, I wear a light compression brief over it to hold everything in place. Anyone feel the same?
Compression brief- I wear a light compression brief to help with bunching and sagging, as well as noise. Going without the brief, especially when I’m in a skirt, makes me feel quite uncomfortable for several reasons.
I have been checking out Northshore online and will call to talk with a representative later today.
Again, THANK YOU to all who helped pry my eyes open to alternatives!

Personally I have found pul pants are much cooler for me I tend to sweat much less wearing them here in Hot Humid Florida, However, I have found not all PUL pants are the same And for the last nearly 10 years I found the GaryWear Active briefs to be miles above the others I have found when it comes to softness and breathability.

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:33 am 

I feel the exact same Ellyn. Temperatures are heating up and although it is great to wear some dresses I can’t imagine not wearing a cover over the diaper.
I did have success working out a couple of days ago (I’ve been apprehensive about working out in a diaper (sweating)). It went great. Then I tried it again yesterday and unfortunately it didn’t go as well. It’s hard to find some balance when things are changing and everybody has their own needs that sometimes feel more important.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:24 pm 

Ellyn wrote:

Ellyn:
I live in Central Florida so I know what you're talking about concerning the heat and humidity. On the really hot/humid days I'll switch to a (Ugh!) cloth-sided diaper and add a cotton blend granny panty over it to help keep things in place. When I feel I need the extra protection I'll add a Leakmaster side-snap PUL pant over that. The great thing about the side snap pant is that there is some air flow, especially if you leave a snap near the top unsnapped. Yeah, it's still warm but it's the best solution I've come up with to beat the heat. You can buy the Leakmasters at Adult Cloth Diaper Company. They are the exact same quality as Gary Activewear but be aware, they are cut a bit fuller all the way around so you may want to order a size smaller.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:51 pm 

Thank you!
I hear a lot about sizing lately...
I’m a small/medium. Medium anything is usually slightly large but small is usually a little too small.
I am quite petite but my top and hips are somewhat out of proportion to my waist, legs, and the rest. To compensate, my butt and tummy are very slender so it’s an interesting combination that makes sizing interesting. My point here is that medium is usually the best guess for most things, but only because of my hips.
The only good thing about wearing diapers is that they compensate for my skinny butt in a dress!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:52 am 

Padded53 wrote:
Hi Ellyn:
I've got a suggestion that is a bit unusual but just may work well for you. How about trying to get the best of both types of protection, specifically cloth and disposable, at the same time? Why not put a small folded cloth pad inside of a premium tab diaper like the ComfiDry 24/7 ? I wear a combination (pull-up+cloth pad) similar to this at night and it works great for me. For the pad I use a WalMart 28" square Flour Sack Cloth (5 for $5) folded into a 8 or 12 layer pad and put that into my disposable diaper. The cloths are 100% cotton and soak up floods incredibly quick and then distribute the wetness evenly to the disposable.

There's really not that much extra bulk associated with the folded pad. In addition it may allow you to use a slightly smaller capacity disposable, like a Northshore Supreme Lite or Abena M4, due to the pads ability to distribute the wetness to all part of the disposable. I know that you are quite use to cloth being next to you so that may even be a bit more comfortable too. And hey, this may be a great chance to try one of their colored Supreme Lite diapers! :o

Another nice thing is that the pads are small enough that you can just give them a quick rinse in the sink and then put it in a diaper pail to wait for the next wash. Of course you can always hang them out to dry too. As I've said this has worked really well for me and may just be the solution to your issues.

I can only recommend this "hybrid" approach for wearing disposable products. Ever since I used this combination I was able to go with less bulky products I.e. the thick premium disposables. Combining cloth inserts greatly increases capacity without adding much bulk, hence I can be more discrete.